Friday, February 06, 2009

RANDOM THOUGHTS

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: PSALM 143:8 (One of my favorites!)

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul.

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Today's blog is random thoughts. They are in no particular order and written for no specific reason. Just random thoughts that have entered my tiny brain this week.

I shouldn't admit this (and hope you don't think less of me), but I do watch the show Saving Grace. It would be X rated because Grace is not ashamed of her bare backside and Grace does not follow the Ten Commandments. The show is about an angel trying to save Grace. The other night we caught a rerun of the first show. In that show, when the angel and Grace were talking, she asked the normal questions. Why this? Why that? The angel said, "If you had all the answers, you would not need faith."

Unending -- That is how I would describe laundry. Our daughter, who has four boys, five if you count her husband, would love to have my unending laundry. Hers is more like an un-scalable mountain. The trouble is that the laundry is never done. No sooner do you set the empty hamper in its proper location, than someone will decide to take a shower. Or toss a shirt in for no reason other than they have worn it for the last four days. Unending laundry. Oh, thank you God that we have clothes to wear. That we have a washer and drier. Thank you God for unending laundry. Another sign of a blessed life.

Leftovers can be fun. When trying to decide what to fix for dinner, I remembered the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. So I used the turkey and made a big pan of turkey and dressing!!! Boy did it taste good. I asked our son if he would like some for his supper. He said no. Guess what -- Once mentioned, the turkey and dressing kept sounding better and better. Yes, I received a call saying, "Can I take back my no?" Leftovers taste good and these leftovers brought back pictures of a Thanksgiving table and family. (A note to Terri: I froze some for you. Will bring it over next Friday when I come to spend the night with the boys.)

I am going to try to insert a picture. Other than pictures of our children and grandchildren, this is the best picture I have received in an email. Just look at the picture. Allow yourself to feel. Look at the smile on Jesus' face. Look at the calm on the face of the girl. May the picture give you comfort this week.

clip_image001

It did not take long to find this picture. I just googled Jesus hugging girl. Here is the link.

http://www.zinch.com/TalentShow/ViewDetails.aspx?FileId=362192&CatId=27649&SubCatId=27653

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Do you need all the answers before you have faith? Have you ever considered laundry a blessing? Have you ever said no and then changed your mind? Can you imagine what it would feel like to have Jesus hug you?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Jesus, I have come to talk to you. I am thankful that you are never too busy for me. That you strengthen my faith when I have questions. I ask that you open my eyes so I see my chores - laundry, washing the car, fixing the garage door, all those jobs - as blessings. Give me wisdom to know when I need to change my mind and the courage to do it. And Jesus, I do picture myself in your arms. I can imagine what it must feel like to be safely held. Surrounded by your love. And feeling the joy of your smile. … Amen

No comments: