Friday, August 07, 2009

DECISIONS

TODAYS SCRIPTURES:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14:1-4

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

DECISIONS

"What would you like for dinner?" asked Bill. "It doesn't matter," I replied.

"Do you want to teach during August?" I asked Judy. "I will," she said.

"What do you want to watch this evening?" I asked Bill. He came back with, "All those channels and nothing to watch. You pick."

Decisions! Decisions!! Decisions!!!

From the time our eyes open until they shut, the day is full of decisions. What to eat? What to do? What to wear? Are the errands done today or tomorrow? Decisions of reading or watching TV? Does the yard need mowed? Who gets the last piece of dark chocolate? (Okay, that is an automatic easy decision.) Do I prepare a will? Do I call my sister? Friend?

Do I go to church or decide it is okay to miss? Do I talk to God throughout the day? Do I keep God before me or do I put Him on the back burner when I work? When I talk with friends? Do I notice all of God's creation as I see flowers? Trees? Birds? Do I realize I am touching God, when I take the hand of a child? Do I tell others about Jesus?

Decisions! Decisions!! Decisions!!!

Some decisions are not important. A yes or no works just fine. Either way. No big deal. Sometimes one TV channel is as good as the next. And those errands can wait until tomorrow.

Other decisions are important. Where your next meal is coming from is very important when you have no money for groceries. A will is important. Calling a sister, brother, friend, son, daughter, spouse or parent is important. Your call may change their life. Or yours.

Then there are those DECISIONS!!! Just as some decisions are not important and others are, some decisions are extremely important and need to be made now. Now while you have time. Decisions that will change your day. Your life. Decisions that will help you understand life and help you understand death.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

What decisions do you have to make today? Which ones are not important? Important? LIFE CHANGING?

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Jesus, as I try to decide what to wear. What to watch on TV. As I make these decisions, I realize how silly I can be. Some decisions are so unimportant. Other decisions are important. Help me understand the most important decision I will ever make. Jesus, I do not want to have a troubled heart and need your guidance as I make decisions. I believe you are the way, the truth and the life. I come to you seeking peace, knowing that my life will have troubles, but that You can help me face those troubles. I also know that just as You will walk with me in life, You will welcome me into eternal life. … Amen

No comments: