Friday, July 31, 2009

UPDATE

I have wonderful news – Praise the Lord news. The two young girls hurt on the 4-wheelers are both home. They need rest and to regain strength. These two girls still need prayers, but are on the way and much better than ever expected. THE POWER OF PRAYER AT WORK!!!

The young lady that was to be married is okay. She is moving one day at a time and, for now, that is what she needs to do. Continue to pray for her too.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!

UNLEARNING

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: REVELATION 1:7

Look, he is coming with the clouds

UNLEARNING

I do not know if you use My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers, as a devotional, but if you were looking for a devotional, I would highly recommend this. I am reading this for the forth time and I am still finding new insights. This happened again on the July 29 reading.

"In the Bible clouds are always connected with God. Clouds are those sorrows or sufferings or providences, within or without our personal lives, which seem to dispute the rule of God. It is by those very clouds that the Spirit of God is teaching us how to walk by faith. If there were no clouds, we should have no faith. "The clouds are but the dust of our Father's feet." The clouds are a sign that He is there. What a revelation it is to know that sorrow and bereavement and suffering are the clouds that come along with God! God cannot come near without clouds, He does not come in clear shining."

I had highlighted parts of this in previous years, wrote in the margin, "Learn more from troubles than from easy times," and thought I understood this days reading. Then the next paragraph jumped out at me.

"It is not true to say that God wants to teach us something in our trials; through every cloud He brings, He wants us to unlearn something."

What? I am not supposed to learn. I am supposed to unlearn. Now that makes no sense. One thing I am learning as I read and reread My Utmost for His Highest is that I dig deeper each year and Oswald Chambers can be deep, but unlearn. I always thought I was to learn from my experiences. What could I unlearn?

I could unlearn self-reliance. Hate Distrust. Bitterness. I could unlearn having an un-forgiving spirit. Fear. Disobedience. Prejudice. I could unlearn -----

Light bulb moment: I have to unlearn all these things (and a gazillion more) so I never allow anything to injure my relationship with God.

This week - Go forth and unlearn!!!

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Did you ever think about it this way? What do you need to unlearn? Think you are alone when you study and do not understand something? Never fear! You are not alone!!! We are all learning. Seeking. And, hopefully, understanding more.

Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.

LET US PRAY

Unlearn. You want me to unlearn? Lord, I know you are with me during trials and rough times. I know you understand and that I can draw upon your strength. But I thought I was supposed to learn. I never thought about unlearning. Help me look at my life and determine what I need to unlearn. Help me work on ________________________.

Help me unlearn so I never allow anything to injure my relationship with You. Amen

No comments: