Friday, February 25, 2011

WHERE ARE MY EMAILS?

I really enjoy IncrediMail. They have fun backgrounds for my emails. Neat animations. I like IncrediMail because -- Well, right now I do not like IncrediMail!

I know I am not a "geek" and I get frustrated with my lack of computer skills, but I have upgraded their product many times, with absolutely no problems. Until this week.

Up pops, IncrediMail 2! Upgrade now. New and improved! This has been popping up for awhile, but it always said, "But you might want to wait if you don't have the latest program." So I waited. This week, there was no, "But wait.", so I kept hitting next, next until it said, "You now have IncrediMail 2." I was so excited -- Excited until I realized it had not brought my emails forward. And my contacts were missing.

IncrediMail and I are exchanging emails. They said, "Do this." I tried. Only imported emails from October 26, 2010, a few folders I thought I had deleted and an old contact list. I sent their email back and informed them it did not work. As I write this, I am waiting on their okay now try this suggestion.

I have learned a few things: New and improved is not always better. Folders with old emails I thought I had deleted were still hiding in my computer. (Guess delete does not really mean delete and disk cleanup missed a few corners the last time it cleaned.) I should have printed my contact list.

Updating this program is a bit like our Christian life. How many Bibles do you own? Do you buy one each time you see a "new and easier to understand" version? Do you delete things from your life just to find out they are still there, waiting for a weak moment when they can again be in your life? And do you keep a list of contacts you can call on? People who will pray for you? Listen to you? Support you? Do you have a backup of that list in case your system crashes?

Did you just hear God laugh? "Mary, are you a Bible "geek"? Are you making full use of the one you have or are you only using a few kilobytes instead of the gigabytes available? Have you cleaned out your deleted-from-my-life folder lately? Do you know that your first "contact" should be me?"

(Have a great week. I will be on vacation so will not post again until March 18.)

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: EPHESIANS 4:22-24

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Have you ever upgraded something on your computer only to have that upgrade cause you hours of trying to get it fixed? Have you upgraded your life?

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

What a strange world we live in. Instant access to information. To people. And we think this is so great. Well, duh, we have always had instant access to you. Lord, we take better care of our computers than we do of our own lives. We update, upgrade and use all the new and improved programs. But sometimes we try to put new upgrades in old programs and it just doesn't work.

Lord, I have been taught about my old corrupt self. I am learning new attitudes. And I have been given a new self. A new self created to be like you, in true righteousness and holiness. Thank you and please keep me on automatic updates. I do not want to miss a thing you have to offer. Amen

No comments: