Friday, January 06, 2012

GRANDCHILDREN

SCRIPTURES: (Jesus enjoyed the company of others)

On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. John 2:1-2

When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” Luke 19:3

And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:16

GRANDCHILDREN

This has been the week for grandchildren. Nathan came to spend the day Monday. We watched the Rose Bowl Parade. Actually, I watched the parade and Nathan watched the clock to see when it was going to be over. He was a bit bored.

Tuesday, our daughter and her four boys came for lunch. We met at the Pizza Hut and then enjoyed some time at the house where the boys got out the puzzles.

boys and puzzles

What is so neat about this picture is that my mother loved to work puzzles. I have a feeling she was looking down at the boys and smiling.

Besides working with puzzles, two of them did crafts and two pestered their mother. They had lemonade and cookies. They went home. Yup! A great day.

Tomorrow our granddaughter is coming. What a way to round out the week.

Yes, I love to spend time with our grandchildren. But what makes me the happiest is that they like to spend time here. With me! They might get bored watching something on TV that Grandma wants to watch and they might make a mess with construction paper and they might eat the last package of cookies and they might call and say, “What are you doing tomorrow? May I come over?”

What a wonderful blessing grandchildren are! They are fun to watch TV with. I smile when I pick up the pieces of paper that they swore they picked up and I will happily buy another package of cookies and I will be thrilled to say, “Of course you may come over!”

Jesus enjoyed spending time with his friends at weddings or spending the night. Jesus enjoyed children. Do you suppose Jesus likes it when we say, “What are you doing Jesus? May I spend some time with you?”

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

What ways do you enjoy spending time with your children/grandchildren/family/friends? What ways do you enjoy spending time with Jesus? How do you think he feels when we ask to spend time with him?

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

Hello Jesus, Do you have a minute? It seems like 2012 is already busy, but, if it is okay with you, I would like to sit a minute and talk. Have I told you how much I enjoy watching the sunrise? Have I told you how much I enjoy reading the Bible and finding just the right words I need to encourage me? Or the words I need to comfort me? And thank you for prayer time. Life can be so -- Lord, I don’t know the word I need. Life can be so -- persistent. Prayer time helps me focus. Prayer time helps me quiet myself so I may hear you.

Hello Jesus, Do you have a minute? Amen

No comments: