Friday, January 13, 2012

I BELIEVE

Today I would like to share with you two things I have written. The first one was written January 2005, after completing Purpose Driven Life. I have this taped in the front of my Bible.

   The purpose of my life is to place God at the center of my being and to see God in all the world around me. To be always thankful and grateful for being created by God to be his child and to know I am important to God.

   With God at the center of my life, I want my character to reflect that I am a believer and that I make Christ based decisions.

   I want the lives of others to be enriched by my actions and words. I want to help family, friends and strangers move closer to God because they can see the light in my life and hear the story from my heart.

   I want to share in fellowship with other believers so we can worship together, using the talents God has given each of us, to encourage each other and celebrate our faith.

The second one I wrote after a Sunday School lesson challenged us to write our own personal statement of faith. This was written April 3, 2011.

I believe Jesus is the Son of God.

I believe Jesus walked on this earth and that he brought the love of God

to all who will accept it.

I believe Jesus can heal souls and bodies.

Although I may have times of doubt or times of disobedience,

I believe the love of Jesus is unending and never fails.

I believe Jesus is my salvation.

I believe Jesus died so my sins could be buried with him.

I believe he arose and is with his Father.

I believe Jesus lived so he could present me to his Father

as a forgiven, cleansed daughter.

What is the purpose of your life? What is your statement of faith?

Have a blessed day!!

Mary

No comments: