Sunday, June 24, 2012

PACKED AND READY

SORRY:  I thought this posted on the 15th but apparently it got lost in cyberspace.  So, here is a repost.  Hopefully this one will work. But was great to get back from vacation and realize my blog had been missed.  -- Mary

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is, for sure, the year of the vacation. I am going on my first cruise with our son and his family! Bill is keeping his feet on solid ground. He seems to think having vertigo and motion sickness means he should stay home and keep the air-conditioning going. So o o --

· Information: check -- Atlas, Hampton Inn directory and cruise info complete

· Destination: check -- Florida, cruise, Florida and home

· Passport/Important stuff: check -- Passport, insurance information, cash and credit card in purse

· Reservations: check -- Rooms while traveling and cruise are reserved

· Packed: almost -- Will have that finished by this afternoon

· Excited: yes -- Extremely! But the part about looking out and seeing no land might just be a bit scary

· Departure: planned -- Leaving Saturday around noon

Cruise here I come. This reminds me of another trip I am looking forward to.

INFORMATION I NEED: check -- The Bible - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

DESTINATION: check -- Eternal Life -- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

PASSPORT: check -- Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6

RESERVATIONS: check -- (Jesus speaking) “In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.” John 14:2

PACKED: nothing to pack -- God will provide and I will have a new life: (Jesus speaking) “If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!” Luke 12:28 -- We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. Romans 6:4

EXCITED: yes -- In that day you will say: “Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. Isaiah 12:4

DEPARTURE: uncertain -- (Jesus speaking) “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.” Matthew 24:36, 42

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Are you ready for your final trip?

-----------------------------------------

I will post again June 29. Until then, think about heaven and talk to God about your chances of getting in. And celebrate each day while you are waiting.

2 comments:

Judy Conn said...

Loved this posting,Mary!

Mary said...

Judy, Glad you enjoyed my blog. Have a blessed day, Mary