Friday, June 07, 2013

I BELIEVE

When you start combining this and that, it is something new. If I mix a box of Jell-O and add nothing but water, it is Jell-O. If I make a cake and put Jell-O in it, it is a cake with Jell-O. The Jell-O is no longer pure, it is just an addition to something else.

The other day I saw an interesting remark: Resist the influences of other world religions. As I thought about it, it made sense. If I keep allowing my religion, what I believe, to be influenced by other religions, I no longer have a strong foundation. I no longer have a Christian faith. I have an addition to something else.

SCRIPTURES

You shall have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3

I BELIEVE -- THE APOSTLES’ CREED

I believe in God the Father Almighty, (God, not a created idol, GOD. And I believe there is only one God.)

maker of heaven and earth (I do not believe in the big bang theory. I believe GOD made the world. The universe. Made me. I did not come from pond scum nor did I evolve from apes. I do understand that man used the word “day” when referring to God’s time of creation and do not believe this all happened in six “days.” But God could have created all of this in six “days” if He had wanted to.)

And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord: (Only Son!! Not a prophet. A SON!)

who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,

born of the Virgin Mary, (I accept this as fact!)

suffered under Pontius Pilate, (I cannot image the love it took for God to allow this nor for Jesus to accept it, when Jesus was without sin.)

was crucified, dead, and buried; (I believe Jesus died on the cross and His body was placed in a grave.)

the third day he rose from the dead; (God had sent His Son for a reason; to take away my sins. Job done!)

he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; (God welcomed His Son. God wanted Jesus back beside Him. What father would not want the same?)

from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. (I so want to forget that I will be judged. But I will be.)

I believe in the Holy Spirit, (A part of the Trinity: God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The part of the Trinity that lives within my soul to guide me.)

the holy catholic church, (I believe in the church Jesus built upon the faith of Peter.)

the communion of saints, (I cannot do this alone. I must have help and part of that help is the support of others who believe in God, the Father Almighty.)

the forgiveness of sins, (This is a biggie!! I do believe my sins are forgiven. I believe this because Jesus took my sins to the Cross.)

the resurrection of the body (The grave will not be able to keep me.)

and the life everlasting. (My everlasting life began the minute I accepted the Son of God. Part of that life is now. Part of that life is yet to come.)

Amen

No comments: