Friday, September 16, 2016

DAYS LEFT

I looked at the calendar and it says that this is day 260 and there are 106 days left in this year.  ONLY 106 DAYS LEFT!  Why it should only be …..

I don’t like knowing how many days are left in 2016.  Thinking about it sent my mind  into warp speed:  Next week is crazy busy!  Vacation with daughter and her family in three weeks!  Hubby getting ready to be in the fields!  Halloween!  My birthday!  Other people’s birthdays!  (One of those other people is our son who will be 50.   I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A 50 YEAR OLD CHILD!)  Thanksgiving!  And Christmas! 

106 days left in 2016.  My mind has settled down and now the questions have started.  Will I use those days wisely?  Do I really have to do everything?  Am I allowing time for myself?  Am I allowing time for family?  Am I allowing time for God?

HOW MANY DAYS?

I can easily count how many days are left in a week.  In a month.  In a year.  I cannot count how many days are left in my life.

But about that day or hour no one knows,
not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,
but only the Father.
Mark 13:32

I do not know how many days I have left.  AND I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!  But, the same questions apply. 

  • Am I using my time wisely?
  • Do I really have to do everything?
  • Am I allowing time for myself?
  • Am I allowing time for family?
  • Am I allowing time for God?

Am I allowing time for God?  Am I allowing time for God?  Am I?  Am I?


Are you?

No comments: