Friday, February 22, 2019


RANDOM THOUGHTS

This week my mind is not blank.  It seems to be jumping from one thought to another.  Not sure where it will land, but let’s begin.

I am looking out a window and wonder about the first time the lady of the house said, “If you would cut a hole in the wall and put in a window, it would sure make it lighter in here.”  Did the man of the house reply, “What is a window?”

There is a jar of marbles sitting on my desk.  They are very colorful and most of them came from playing marbles in grade school.  I would never have won a spelling bee but I was darn good at marbles! 

A grandson and I were coming back from shopping and he asked, “What sports were there for girls when you were in school?”  I told him, “None.”  (I was wrong.  There was a mixed bowling league.)  That made me feel bad.  Then he told me, “You do not drive like a grandma.”  That made me feel better.  Then I looked at the speedometer.

Why do dictionaries have page numbers?

Why do we no longer have phone books?  REALLY…WHY?  Have you tried to find a phone number lately?

What are the odds that the snowplow will come through five minutes after hubby gets the snow off the driveway?

Speaking of odds:  What are the odds the weather man will be right?  Honestly, I would not want to be a weather man – opps – weather person.  You would think the odds would be at least be 50/50 but one little shift in a stream of some sort or other and we go from a forecast of 6 feet of snow to 80 degrees and flooding from the quick thaw. 

Another random odds question:  What are the odds that when you have time to take a nap, a telemarketer will call?  And the phone will ring at the exact moment when the blankie is perfectly covering your toes and chin, the pillow is exactly in the comfortable head position and you are drifting off to dream land.

Now, if you have read this far, I bet you are wondering, “Is she just going to continue or will she find a way to wrap this up?”

WRAP UP:  Today my thoughts were random and I honestly had no idea where they were leading.  Our lives are like that.  We can have a plan and that plan lasts ….that plan lasts.. not very long.  If a plan for the day makes it past noon, you are having a super day.  All the way to five o’clock is amazing.  A plan that hangs in there from the time you arise until you retire for the day, could qualify as a miracle.

EXCEPT FOR – God’s Plan. 

In the beginning God ….
Genesis 1:1

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,”
says the Lord God,
‘who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Revelation 1:8

We might have random thoughts.  Random actions.  Plans that do not hold together.  

BUT NOT GOD.  There is absolutely nothing random about God.  And be assured, God’s plan does not fall apart.

No comments: