Friday, March 15, 2019


SPOONS, FORKS AND A HIDDEN TREAT

If you know me, you realize I am not a “fancy” person.  I wear jeans.  I do not wear the latest fashions nor carry a $3,000 purse.  My hair is my hair, complete with a stubborn cow lick.  My not so straight fingers look just like my mother’s.  They are what they are, but this means I do not have elegant nails.  Most will agree, I am pretty outspoken.  All this is okay, because all this mixes together and makes ME.

So how did I end up dining at a table like this? 



There were four forks, two spoons, and three knives.  There was a water glass and five – yes five – wine glasses.  There were two napkins rolled together – and they stood up.  I knew right away I was not at my kitchen table.

So how did I end up dining at a table like this?  We were invited to dine at the Chef’s Table.  And dine we did. 

Never fear!  I allowed my chair to be pulled back and trusted that it would be there when I sat down.  I waited for the napkin to be placed on my lap.  I listened as each course and wine pairing was explained. 

I waited for the appetizer and knew which fork to use.


The tomato soup was served and I used the correct spoon.


Two more courses were served.  We were now at four courses and four different wines.  The evening was going splendidly.  Throughout the entire meal – after each course – we knew we were getting closer to the final course:  DESSERT!  We had heard about this dessert and were looking forward to it becoming a reality.

The wine was poured and discussed.  The dessert was placed in front of us. 

  And then …..




It was worth the wait! 

:   :   :   :   :   :   :   :   :   :   :

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look!  God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them.  They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.  ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”     

…showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.  It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.  The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass.  The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone …jasper …sapphire …agate …emerald …onyx …ruby …chrysotile …beryl …topaz …turquoise …jacinth …amethyst.  The twelve gates were pearls.  The great street was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.
Revelation 21:3-4, parts of 10-21

My goodness!  And I thought that little bit of chocolate with ice cream and caramel sauce was something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Mary, I just loved this post - the pictures were priceless.
Janet