Friday, March 06, 2020


NAME THAT TUNE

Google Music Quizzes and you will find:  Name That Tune, Beetles Song Quiz, Find The Song Title Quiz, and Can You Finish These 60’s Song Titles Quiz.  So here we go…

FIND THAT HYMN
Traditional and Contemporary

Some faith journeys begin at birth, because the person spent their life growing up in Jesus.  Some faith journeys begin slowly, but are built on the church’s one foundation.  Some faith journeys take a lifetime before a person becomes gracefully broken.

My journey?  My parents did not attend church, but they sent us kids off to church with a smile.  Truth be told, the only reason I went was because I was made to go.  Although I did not go down to the river, I was baptized and joined the church.  I was such a good little Christian.  I went to church.  I went to Sunday School.  I listened to the old church choir sing “To God Be the Glory.”  Finally, I remembered my grandmother, a woman who read her Bible and believed the good news, had told me to take time to be Holy. 

Take time?  Be Holy?  God is a mighty fortress, I tried to find time for a sweet hour of prayer, and I had told Jesus, “I believe.”  Was I missing something?

Even then, I needed someone to remind me who I am, so I had just a little talk with Jesus.

“Mary, are ye able to understand that I just want you?”

Why me, Lord?  I ….

“You are what?  Afraid?  My child, do not be afraid.  Fear is a liar and will make you doubt yourself and me.  Take a minute to just breathe.  My Son did not remain on the old rugged cross and because he lives, it is a glorious day and, in my eyes, you are flawless!”

That’s it?  I only need to believe, to confess and to trust and obey?  I only need to say, “Here I am” and ….

“I do expect you to grow your faith, share your faith, help others …but yes, when the roll is called up yonder your name will be on the roll.  MARY in big bold letters will proclaim you have arrived!  Now what do you think of that?”

I think I need to shout, “Joy to the World.”  Then do a happy dance.

“I have given you a few talents.  I expect you to use them!  BUT the talents you received did not include singing or dancing.”

Okay.  Okay.  I received your blessed assurance loud and clear.  How about if I make a quiet joyful noise and shuffle my feet?

“Deal.  Now go give thanks and spread some wonderful words of life.  Just write them not sing them.”

AND ALL THE PEOPLE SAID AMEN!
---------
There are 34 songs.  The answer sheet will post Wednesday, March 11, 2020

No comments: