Friday, November 13, 2020

 

CLEAN WINDOWS, A FLY, AND RAIN

When we moved to town and a two story home (just what two people need), it was agreed that hubby would not wash the windows.  He has vertigo and no way did I want him climbing a ladder to get the tall windows or out on the roof.  Either he agreed or I increased his insurance.  It was one or the other.  He agreed.

The nicest young man just finished washing our windows.  I do love people’s stories and this guy did not let me down.  We talked about his job.  We talked about his faith.  We shared stories on becoming stronger Christians.  He learned my favorite story is of the crippled woman and I learned his is where the friends lower a man through the roof.  He said he loves his church.  His eyes lit up when he talked.  His Spirit is on fire.  His eyes are open and he can see!

My windows are clean and I can see!

But there is this fly!  It keeps landing on the clean window.  I want to swat it, but that would leave a spot!  That darn fly just keeps coming back.  It knows I am sitting at the desk and can see it over the computer screen.  I can hear that fly sending out a message:  Go ahead.  Swat me.

NO!!  There would be fly guts all over the window.  If I tried to clean the guts off, it would streak.  GO AWAY FLY!!!!!!!!

My windows are clean and I can see!

It is cloudy, but it is not supposed to rain until – Sunday.  Sunday..that is only two days away.  I can picture it now.  Rain drops hitting my nice clean windows making the windows wet and that would allow dust and pollen to stick. 

NO!!  Please do not rain for a few days.  I am enjoying my view!  The windows are so clean I will be able to see the stars.  GO AWAY RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know what?  Faith is a lot like that clean window. 

I am doing great!  Life is fantastic.  God loves me!!!  ====

And then a fly (temptation) shows up.  Pesky thing.  Keeps buzzing around.  Waiting for me to give in.  Knowing it can wear me down. 

Or the rain (hard times/times I do not understand) comes and doubt and questions stick to my soul.  I was ready to be strong.  I knew just the right verse.  I had the fly swatter in hand when the rain shouts, “Is the fly really a problem?”  And then I question…is the fly a problem?

We can be strong.  We can know God loves us…but – if we do not keep the window to our soul clean, temptation will show up and soon we no longer can see clearly.

 

No comments: