Friday, November 06, 2020

 

Note:  As I write this there has been no decision made on who will be President and Covid is controlling our lives.

TIME

I was just sitting here thinking, “Wow.  I have everything off my desk and can do….”  OH!  IT IS THURSDAY!  TOMORRROW IS BLOG DAY!  How did it get to be Thursday?  And today is busy.  You would think being retired I would have free time and could sit around eating bonbons.  Nope!

What scares me more is that where did the years go?  This Saturday I will celebrate being 74!  74—NO WAY!!!!!!!!!  It is strange, because I do not feel 74.  Well, there are days my body feels a lot older, but inside – inside I do not feel 74.  If my body felt like my insides, I could do cartwheels.

“Cartwheels, Mary?  You could not do cartwheels when you were 10.”

You are right, God.  As always.  It isn’t my birthday yet, so I know you are not here to wish me a happy birthday.  Why did you pop in?  Did I screw something up..again? 

“Screw something up?  Probably.  Want me to go check?”

No!  Are we going to discuss my shortcoming?  I really wish we would do that in private.  There are a few people who read this and they think I am perfect.

“Perfect?  I sure did give you an imagination!  Perfect…wait till I tell Jesus.  Perfect….”

Okay.  I give up.

“Exactly!”

I give up? 

“What does Philippians 4:4-7 say?”

Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 

“Do you do that?  Do you give up being anxious in every situation?”

No.  I have been anxious about the election and about the virus.  The election has caused so many to be angry and that anger has divided our country.  I fear what will happen no matter the outcome.  I do not understand why it is happening.  I have prayed about it.  I have petitioned YOU! 

The virus is controlling our lives and I do not know who to believe.  I am told to believe the facts and science, but which facts and which science?  They change every day.  I have prayed about it.  I have petitioned YOU! 

I am anxious for our daughter.  She still has pain.  I have prayed about it.  I have petitioned YOU! 

AND YOU ARE NOT STOPPING ANY OF IT…  Yes, I am anxious.

“My child, you love Psalm 139.  It says I created you.  Does it say life will be easy?  Is there one verse in the Bible that says you will understand my plan?”

No.  It says you know the plans you have for me.  I get it now.  Give up…I need to give up being anxious and trust you.

“Yes.  Give up!  Give up being anxious.  You do not need to understand.  You need to trust.  Now read verse 7.”

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

“Mary, give it up to me.  You do not need to understand.  Trust that I will guard your heart and your mind.  Can you do that?”

Yes. 

One more thing.  Did you bring me a birthday gift?

“Yes.  I give you my peace.”

Doesn’t get any better than that.  Thank you.

------------------------------------------------

Life is stressful right now.  And we do not know what to do.  The answer is simple, yet hard.

TRUST GOD.

Willie Nelson has an image.  Surprisingly, Willie is a very strong believer.  Please listen to this song:  IT’S NOT FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kaTpyxFkb4

No comments: