Friday, July 02, 2021

 WHAT’S THEIR NAME?

I looked and searched.  I checked lists.  I found many names.  Girls are named Olivia, Lillian, London, and Sara.  Aspen seemed to be a popular girl’s name.  Why would you name that sweet baby girl after a tree?  Boys are named Johnny, Mateo, Cooper, and Jesse. 

Galaxy, Jinx, and Stormie were on a list of unique names.  Can you imagine going through life with those names?

“Galaxy -- are you from far, far away?”

“Jinx!!  Don’t stand by me.  I don’t want bad luck.”

“Hey Stormie. If you marry the Black Night, you will be introduced as Black and Stormie Night.”

I started looking for names, because, lately, a few names keep popping up and I wanted to see if they made the top 100 list.  What are the names?

I Don’t Know

I Don’t Remember

I Will Think Of It Later

and my favorite

I Thought You Knew Their Name

Now you might think this is one of those “you are getting older” things, but remembering names seems to be a challenge for all ages.  There are many versions of the name game.

  • I know the first name.  Do you remember the last name?
  • They went to my high school, one year behind me, their brother was …..
  • Darn.  I should know them!
  • I will ask (insert name of a friend).  I am sure they will remember their names.

and the one we all try to pull off –

  • Of course I remember you.  It has been a long time, but how could I ever forget?  What have you been up to?  (This stalling strategy is used while your mind processes your childhood, school years, college friends, and people you met on your one trip to Alaska.)

WHAT’S MY NAME

People I knew a long time ago will forget my name.  People I know now may forget my name.  Sadly, someday, I might forget my name.  But no matter what, there is one who always knows my name.  One who knows me.  From the very beginning He knew me.  He made me.  He …

If you read this blog, you will know what is coming.  Psalms 139 – my favorite scripture.

You have searched me, LORD, and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.

He knows me!  He will never forget my name.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

He created me.  He will never forget my name.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

He made me wonderful!  He will never forget my name.

God will never forget my name.  And God will never forget your name either.

No comments: