Friday, July 09, 2021

 OH NO

We are having some landscaping cleaned up and mulch put down.  They are working away.  Trimming some trees and shrubs.  Pulling weeds that were hiding in the bushes.  I am doing my morning time of checking email and catching up on the news, when OH NO – NO INTERNET!! 

What?  It is not storming!  I paid the bill.  Then I looked outside.  They had cut the cable when they edged for putting down mulch.  Now what? 

No Facebook

No email

No finger talking with the kids

No google

What am I to do?  Those emails need read.  There might be something important happening and I will not know.  There might be …

“Mary, you seem to be in a bit of a dither.”

Dither.  God uses the word “dither?  Well doesn’t that beat all?  Dither.

“Are you done?  Was it too big of a word for you?  Goodness child, what is wrong?”

They cut my internet cable!  What am I to do? 

“Hummmmm.  Let me think a minute.”

Are you done thinking?  It has been way more than a minute.

“I use a different watch than you do.  What exactly could you do without the internet?  How about reading a book?  I would suggest the Bible.  Or praying.  Or writing a letter.  You could clean that junk drawer.  Or “

That’s the best you got?  Clean my junk drawer.  I figured you would come up with something – like – really grand.  A super, fantastic, colossal idea. 

“That drawer does need cleaned.  I have an idea.  How about we hang out?  Tell me what you have been doing…”

You already know what I have been doing!

“Yes, but I like to hear you talk.”

Now that is something I do not hear often.  Most people think I talk too much.  Do you have the time?  You have a whole world of people ….

“Mary.  I have time.”

=   =   =   =   =   =   =   =

Last week I pointed out that God would never forget my name.  And that God would never forget your name either.

This week I want you to know God always has time for you.  Yes, I have written on this before and I will keep at it until you admit I am right and you spend one on one time with God.  Sometimes, we wait to hear something super, fantastic, and colossal.  The trouble is that, while we wait for something super, fantastic, and colossal, we miss out on life. 

We want to hear a colossal sermon that rumbles the church, but we also need to hear the soft voice of the scriptures that gives us hope and peace and strength.  We will miss that if we only want colossal.

We want to see a fantastic sunrise.  One that takes our breath away, but we also need to give thanks for the gentle rain and the cool breeze.  We will miss that if we only want fantastic.

We want to hear super prayers that will end up being quoted for centuries, but God wants to hear the prayers from your heart.  Prayers from your joy.  God just wants to hear you.

God knows your name.  He wants to know your voice also.  Take time to talk to him.  Tell him you are in a dither.  He will laugh and say, “You have been talking to Mary.  Let’s talk.  I have time and I use a different watch than you do, so take all the time you need.”  

No comments: