Friday, October 22, 2021

 

HODGE PODGE

I have not written a hodge podge blog for a bit, so here goes.   

Bill is my proof reader.  He finds my spelling errors, but sometimes they are a lesson more than an error.  He pointed out that I had written haven instead of heaven.

I looked up haven:

  • Harbor, port
  • A place of safety, refuge
  • A place offering favorable opportunities or conditions A safe and peaceful place
  • Sanctuary

Don’t know about you, but haven sounds an awful lot like heaven.   

----------

A TV minister made the statement, “God doesn’t have grandchildren.  He only has children.”

I thought about that.  Why not grandchildren?  Oh… I can believe.  I can have a very strong belief.  I am a child of God, but my faith does not insure my children or grandchildren will have eternal life.  I pray they will hear the scriptures and believe.

----------

I have a coloring app on my iPad and enjoy it because it is not a color by number.  I pick the colors.  




I had an art teacher criticize me because I made the leaves on a tree purple.  She informed me, “Trees do not have purple leaves.”  I told her, “Mine do.”  


Warning:  Disagreeing with an art teacher has a direct impact on the grade placed on the report card.

There are numerous pictures of animals and that causes me a problem.  Every so often, a snake picture will appear.  I HATE SNAKES!  Every time I saw one of those pictures, I cringed.  Then I had a brain storm.  I would completely cover them with black.  And I did.

This caused another problem.  When I see that black square, I know there is a snake under it.  It is still there.  Covering up those snakes is like trying to hide a sin from God.  Hide the sin in a closet.  God knows it is there.  Hide the sin under a whole lot of doing good.  God knows it is there.  Leave sin at home when going to church.  God knows it is there.  Guess I cannot hide those snakes and I cannot hide my sins from God.

Sure wish Noah had left those snakes behind!

----------

It is a full moon.  Question: Isn’t it always a full moon?  Just because we cannot see the entire moon, doesn’t mean all the moon isn’t there.  This leads to the fact that we cannot see the love of God, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t there.  The moon- all of it - is always there.  God’s love - all of it - is always there.

----------

How do we reply when God wants us to do something?  YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT? 

Words we use to argue with God:

  • Nevertheless … a sure sign we are going to argue with God
  • If … the beginning of a negotiation (And we really think we can negotiate with God.)
  • But … Going to disagree
  • Cannot … an excuse is on the way
  • Except for … not totally against God’s request if He would remove that one little section
  • When ... God is about to hear that now is not a good time

The amazing thing is that we honestly believe we will win an argument with God.  Moses tried everything to get out of doing as God asked.  “I have never been eloquent,” he said.  Now I might have zapped him, but a very patient God replied, “Aaron will serve as a mouth for you, and you will serve as God to him.” 

Thinking about Moses, did all of the Israelites go with Moses or did some stay behind?  It says a mixed crowd also went up with them.  Does this mean some non-Israelites skipped town with them?

----------

One final thought and this is for all of you who voice text.  A friend called and was laughing at herself.  She had sent a voice text.  You know:  Hi comma I am just checking on you period  I will pray for you period

Then she began a prayer:  Dear God comma

HAVE A GREAT comma SUPER comma FANTASTIC WEEK exclamation mark

 

No comments: