Friday, October 15, 2021

 SIGNS

Everywhere I look there are signs.  Stop signs.  Go signs.  For sale signs.  Opening soon.  We are hiring.  Closed.  There are signs telling me to yield, to wait here, and do not enter.  I see signs for detours, where to turn, where to sit, and where to wait.  I see speed limit signs, which I consider suggestions and not to be taken literally.

SIGNS!!!  EVERYWHERE I LOOK THERE ARE SIGNS!!!!

I see someone look me in the eyes, smile, and nod there head.  A sign that I am not invisible.

I see a parent kneel and softly speak to their child.  A sign of love.

I hear the truth spoken from the pulpit.  A sign that God’s Word has never changed.

I hear laughter.  A sign that joy is alive.

I feel the autumn breeze.  A sign that one season is ending and another is beginning.

I feel the warmth of covers.  A sign I am blessed with the luxury of a safe place to sleep.

I taste the crisp apple.  A sign of a successful harvest.

I taste the pizza.  A sign of the availability of food.

I smell the aroma of a fresh pot of coffee.  A sign that my day will begin – after the coffee.

I smell the cleanliness of a new born.  A sign of hope for man’s future.

SIGNS!!!  EVERYWHERE WE LOOK THERE ARE SIGNS!!!!

Yes, there are signs everywhere.  The secret is seeing them. 

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth  --  Signs!

And God said, “Let there be light .. darkness and day  --  Signs!

And God said, “Let there be an expanse between the waters … called the expanse “sky”  --  Signs!

And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place … called “land”  --  Signs!

Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation … plants, trees  --  Signs!

And God said, “Let there be lights … stars, moon and sun  --  Signs!

And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures and let birds fly  --  Signs!

And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures  --  Signs!

And God created man in his own image  --  Signs!

SIGNS!!!  EVERYWHERE WE LOOK THERE ARE SIGNS!!!!

Yes, there are signs everywhere.  The secret is seeing them.

What about you?  Do you see them?

No comments: