Friday, November 05, 2021

 USE A HAMMER

I was organizing some paperwork and decided to put it in a binder.  Easy job to print off what I needed, punch holes, open binder, and insert.  It was going so good.  Then I decided having a pen available would be handy.  Sadly, the binder did not have slots for pens, but, being resourceful, I improvised.  I would punch two holes in a zip-lock storage bag.  I have done this before and it has always worked like a charm. 

Zip-lock bag positioned in the three hole paper punch and PUSH.  Ahhhhh….. The one hole punched perfectly.  The other hole stuck.  There was plastic stuck around the puncher thing (technical term number one).  I pulled a small bit of plastic out.  I pushed down and that puncher thing was still stuck.  I saw the problem.  The thing (technical term number two) that pushed on the puncher thing was not touching the part (technical term number three) I was pushing down.  Is that perfectly clear or did I use too many technical terms?  Not to be intimidated by a paper punch, I stuck a penny in there to make up the difference.  Too thin.  Two pennies?  Still too thin.  Two pennies and a dime – taped together because they kept sliding – drat.  Still not working.  That puncher thing was really stuck.  BUT .. I could take it apart.  And, of course, it was the one on the end, not the one in the middle that would also have to come out.  I looked it over.  Had paper been holding it in a stuck position, I would have put it over a flame and burned the paper away.  Being plastic, fire was not the answer.

I pulled on the stuck plastic.  It stretched.  I pushed.  ---- When all else fails – I used a hammer! 

The paper punch is reassembled and in in its proper place. 

Now you may be wondering why I am telling you this.  One reason is that it really would have made a good YouTube video.  Especially the hammer part.  Another reason is that God’s Word is like a hammer.

GOD’S WORD IS LIKE A HAMMER

The hammer, lying around in the drawer, is of no value.  The hammer has to be picked up and used.  The Word of God, the Bible, is of no value sitting on a shelf.  The Bible has to be opened and used.

The ball pein hammer can fix a puncher thing, but in the hands of a master carpenter, that hammer can turn iron into a work of art.  The Bible can give insight, but, in the hands of a believer, the Bible can cause a heart to forgive.

The claw hammer can be used to remove nails.  The Bible can be used to remove resentment, hate, and indifference.

The sledge hammer has power and strength.  SO DOES THE BIBLE!!!  The Bible has truth and in the truth we find our power and strength.

Finally, the soft faced hammer is used when materials need a gentle touch.  The Bible does that too.  Some words are like a whisper to your soul or a gentle touch to your cheek.

Soooooo – when you need to fix a paper punch and all else fails, use a hammer, BUT do not wait until all else fails to use the Bible.

No comments: