Friday, November 19, 2021

 THANKSGIVING

Did you think, “Oh great.  Another blog on being thankful.  What will she mention?  Honestly, I get tired of all the ‘go around the table and say what you are thankful for.’  Every year it is the same.”

I often feel that way.  Sitting there I think, "Should I be serious or be a bit silly?"  Exactly how many times can you say family, friends, food, and on and on, and, of course, my faith.  All the time thinking the gravy is going to be cold and that bit of ham I snitched has long since left my tummy.  Can I just be thankful and fill my plate?

Now, don’t get me wrong.  I am thankful for so many things and am blessed way beyond what I deserve, but the thank-you-list can become just words.  Words we have to say because everyone expects us to say something.  After all, IT IS THANKSGIVING!

<   <   <   <   <   >   >   >   >   >

While working on the Urbana Yoke Parish Facebook page, I found the video:  WHAT TO BE THANKFUL FOR.  It will be posted on that page Wednesday, November 24, but you have the privilege of watching it now.  Please use this link and watch before you finish reading:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHj1dcQKZD4

This year I am thankful for MY LIFE!

I am a child of God!  He is the very air in my lungs and has filled my days with blessings which can only come from a God who loves me.  I have felt a life form inside my body and can imagine how God felt as I took my first breath.  As he heard my first cry.  And as I grieved him with my sin. 

I am a child of God!  He is the very air in my lungs and has filled my days with blessings which can only come from a God who loves me; because I do not deserve even one of the things I am so blessed to receive.

This year I am thankful that my life includes:

  • Forgiveness, Mercy, Grace, and Love – I am a sinner. 
  • Salvation – Through God’s power and the blood of Christ, salvation delivers me from eternal death into eternal life.
  • Peace – The calm which can only come through God’s quiet love surrounding me.

<   <   <   <   <   >   >   >   >   >

This year, be thankful for YOUR LIFE.  You are a child of God!  He is the very air in your lungs and has filled your days with blessings because he loves you. 

 

No comments: