Friday, February 04, 2022

QUOTES AND SAYINGS

The other day I saw a saying:  Do what makes you feel good.

Wow, now that could be fun.  If I only do what makes me feel good, I would not have to dust or pull weeds or clean the toilet.  Admit it; no one likes to clean the toilet.  I would not have to be nice to people I do not agree with.  How different my days would be.  I could spend my days working jigsaw puzzles or reading or writing.  (Do not listen to Bill if he tells you that is what I do anyway.  I dust…occasionally.)

Quotes and Sayings – I thought I would start out with ones taken from personal experience.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get bored and go for a stroll out through my mouth.  This is never a good thing.


Forget trying to walk a mile in my shoes.  Try spending a day wandering around in my mind.  Now that will give you something worth thinking about.


In dog years …I’m dead.*

The biggest trouble with quotes and saying is that they contradict each other.

“NOTHING IS WRONG IF IT FEELS GOOD.”  Unknown


“Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.”  Leo Tolstoy


“Right is right even if no one is doing it;  wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”  Saint Augustine

Quotes point out that it takes all of us to stand up for what we believe in.  Lou Holtz believed he wanted to keep his job.

“On this team, we’re all united in a common goal; to keep my job.”

Does it take all of us to accomplish what is right?  What happens if no one speaks up?

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing’s going to get better.  No, it’s not.”  Dr. Seuss


“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll just get run over if you just sit there.”  Will Rogers


“The world suffers a lot.  Not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of good people”  Napoleon

I did find one we can all agree on.

“You’re never too important to be nice to people.  Jon Batiste

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*Dog age: 1 is equal to 15 human years, 2 is equal to 9 human years, and each year after that equals 4-5 human years.  Years age 3-75 or 73 human years @ 4.5 per year equal 329 human years.  So, 15 + 9 + 329 = 353 years old.  In dog years, I would be dead.


No comments: