Friday, August 12, 2022

THEY KNOW BEST

LIFE ADVICE FROM SPAM EMAIL

Instead of just deleting the spam mail, I scanned the list and was totally surprised how many things I am missing out on.  Apparently, many people know what I need.

There must be someone looking in my windows because they believe I ---

  • Am old
  • Definitely need to go on a diet
  • Need a whole lot of pain medication for my joints
  • Have blurry vision
  • Could improve my love life

Okay, I am older and … we will stop there.

When I continue to scan (NOT OPEN!!) those spam emails, I am missing out on ---

  • New windows
  • An absolutely astonishing drone
  • A new shower
  • A Stanley tool set
  • A $500 gift card from Shell
  • CBD gummies

Also, Jake, from State Farm, and PayPal would like to have a conversation with me.  Wow.  A conversation with Jake -- I would be so honored.  The spam from a “font no one can read” must really contain life changing advice.  They send numerous emails.  Thank goodness for a spam filter.  There are so many people willing to tell me how to improve my life and what I need to possess to enjoy my life.

I DIDN’T KNOW

The night before the cruise, we stayed at a hotel in Miami.  Sitting around the pool, we noticed a number of Iguanas going here and there.  They were fun to watch and I loved it when one stood on its back legs and ran.  The people around the pool were feeding the Iguanas pieces of fruit.  They were enjoying every bite.  All you had to do was put a piece of pineapple on the ground and one would grab it.  Now, for a girl from the land of corn and beans, Iguanas were a change from watching corn grow.

We thought about going back to the pool, oh say, around midnight.  We wondered how the Iguanas were feeling.  Why would we wonder?  The fruit they had been eating all day – was from those fancy fruit drinks made with rum, whiskey, and vodka.  We wondered if the Iguanas were drunk.  But – if they were, they could always point out, “I didn’t know there was alcohol in the fruit.  I just thought those people were being nice.”

THE TAKE-AWAY

I do have to be careful where I get advice and who I listen to.

Opening one of those emails could mean my life would change.  And it would!!  My life would become focused on canceling every credit card, changing my email address, and my computer would blow up with even more spam. 

Not being aware or blindly trusting those around me might change my life too.  Those around me can lead me in a wrong direction without me even realizing it.  Then I would be like the Iguanas and say, “I didn’t know.”

WHAT AM I TO DO?  WHAT AM I TO DO?

The first thing is to NOT open those spam emails.  I cannot let curiosity get the better of me.  No matter how fun it would be to have a really cool, new technology, easy to use drone or be tempted by a $500 gift card for gas.  I mean gas is so high… No!  I will not fall for that one either. 

The second thing is to make sure people I associate with have my back.  I need to know I can trust my friends.  My friends would not give me fruit from that rum drink without my knowledge.  Nope.  My friends would give me the whole drink.  My friends would not put me into a situation where the outcome required me to say, “I didn’t know.”

TAKE-AWAY TWO

This applies to you also.  Have wisdom when you are online and do not open those emails.  They can be a big temptation!  Learn a lesson from Eve – Do not be tempted by a sneaky Satan in the form of an apple called spam.

Enjoy your friends.  Friends are so valuable!  Definitely make our lives better.  But sneaky Satan can come disguised as a stranger sitting around the pool, being friendly, as they feed you spiked fruit or as someone you call friend who thinks you should join in their questionable activities.

No comments: