Friday, August 26, 2022

I TALK, GOD LISTENS

“Hello Mary.”

Well, hello God.  Do you like the title of my blog?

“It is okay, but you need a second part on there.”

A second part?  Why?  I do talk.  You do listen.  What else needs to be said?

“A better title would be: I TALK, GOD LISTENS - GOD TALKS, MARY DOESN’T LISTEN”

Hey, I …

“Better stop and think about the rest of that sentence before you complete it.  Plus, if we look back at some other blogs, I think we have had this conversation before.”

I do to listen.  It is just that you do not answer me right away.  And sometimes you are very hard to hear.  Do you whisper on purpose?  

“Would you like me to shout?”

Wow.  You would do that?  I could hear you if you shouted.  Now we are getting somewhere.

“Let’s think about this a minute…

My minute or your minute?

“Have you forgotten the GOD SPEAKS, MARY IS SUPPOSED TO LISTEN part?  Sometimes I do shout, but you cannot hear me over all the noise around you.  That is why there are so many ways to hear my voice.”

(A big sigh.) I know you answer my prayers and I need to do a few things to hear the answers.

“Go on.”

I need to be patient.  Patience allows me to work through my trials and come out on the other side wiser.  Funny how that works.  Trials seem so horrible - and they are - but each one has taught me something and I know you are there to help me through them.

“Aren’t ‘we’ and ‘through’ such wonderful words?  They mean you are not alone and you will get through them.  What else do you have to do to hear my voice?”

I need to wait.  Wait ranks right up there in difficulty with patience.  I am to wait.  Waiting is hard.  I want to move forward.  Do something.  Take action.  But, sometimes what you want is for me to be still and wait. 

“Right.  If you just rush to the next thing or take action without waiting for direction, you will head down the wrong path.  I have such great plans for each of my children, but sometimes they forget to pray and wait.  And then guess who they blame when ‘their’ plan didn’t work: ME.”

How do I find the answer and the direction I am to take?

“My child — when you have patience, wait, pray, and listen, you will hear my answer.  It might come through a verse in the Bible.  It might come from a sermon.  It might come from a friend.  Or even a stranger.  But you are forgetting your secret weapon.”

I have a secret weapon?  Oh..  wait..  I know!  The Holy Spirit!

“Give that girl a prize.  When you are searching and listening and praying and waiting and having patience, the Holy Spirit will guide you.  The Holy Spirit will direct you.”

Are you sure?

“Look it up.  There are a few scriptures on the subject.”

Okay.  I will be right back.

“I will check in later.”

< <  <    >  >  >

(Jesus speaking)  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever – the Spirit of truth.  But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.  John 14:16, 26

Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 

Acts 2:38

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.  Romans 8:26

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of salvation.  When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit.  Ephesians 1:13

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.  2 Timothy 1:7

“Mary are you still looking up scriptures on the Holy Spirit?”

Yes.  The Holy Spirit is a powerful weapon against lies and sin and gives us directions, but it is not a secret weapon.  There are a whole lot of verses on the Holy Spirit!!  I did find the perfect one to close the blog.

“You certainly did.  Maybe you do listen.”

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.  2 Corinthians 13:14


No comments: