Friday, September 23, 2016

THE LOST VIDEO

“Here is a video I think you would enjoy.  Watch it and then bring it back,” I told …….

Well, I told someone.  The trouble is now I do not know where the video is.  It is out there somewhere.  I am sure it wants to come home but it does not know the way.  Some people I thought I had loaned it to said, “No.  I do not have it.”  Now I do not know where to search. 

And I am looking because I wanted to loan it to someone else. 

Where of where?  Think.  Think.  Poor video.  Out there.  Is it lost forever?

LOST

I have felt like that video.  Lost.  Trying to find my way home.  Wondering how I ended up where I did not want to be.

I may have felt like the lost video BUT I am not like that video.  There is someone who always knows where I am. 

You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Psalm 139:2-3

GOD NEVER LOSES ME!  He never loans me out.  He never forgets where I am.

And when He (the good Shepherd) finds me,
He joyfully puts me on His shoulders and goes home.
Luke 15 parts of 5 and 6 (made personal)

GOD COMES TO GET ME!  Even if I should wander off, He comes to find me and brings me back where I belong.

ARE YOU LOST?

You can feel lost and alone in a room full of people.  You can get yourselves into places you thought you would never be.  You can turn to friends or family and still feel like you are lost.

There is a place you can feel secure.  A place where you will not feel lost.  That place is as a Child of God.  A Child of a God, who takes you in His arms, puts you on His shoulders and safely places you in His flock.


My prayer for you this week is that you will feel the comfort of a loving God that is always there and always loves to hear you talk with Him.

No comments: