Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A JOB TO DO

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE: Romans 12:4-8

Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

A JOB TO DO

I always know when spring is just around the corner. How? Mr. Mole makes his presence known in our yard. He does not even wait until the grass is green. I told my husband, Bill, “We need to do something about Mr. Mole.” As he went out the door, he said something like, “We? Where does she get this we stuff?”

You see, I do not have a “honey-do” list. I have a “we-list,” but the “we-list” means I see what needs to be done and then tell Bill. Works for me. The “we-list” ranks right up there with my theory on the checkbook. Bill’s name is on there first and that means he has to put the money in. My name is second and means I take the money out. (Just kidding here.) We do work together. We have never had your job/my job. For 41 years, we have worked as one. That is how our church should be.

We should work together, each finding our strength and using that gift to make the church stronger. Some can sing. Some can teach. Some can talk and some can listen. Some can get rid of moles. There are opportunities in the church for each of us. What gift do you share with your church family?

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

Do you make a list of “things” that need to be done around the house? What is your favorite job at home? What is your least favorite? Do you make a list of “things” you could do at church? What is your favorite church job? Do you know where your talent can be best used?

LET US PRAY

Our Heavenly Creator, You created each of us to be individuals. You made me a unique person. Help me to see me as you see me, with the capability of working for you. Let me see my strengths and guide me as I use the talents you have given me. Guide me to ………………………………… Amen

No comments: