Friday, August 19, 2011

ALMOST TOO LATE

This has been a week. It didn’t look this busy a couple weeks ago. There was not much written down. Then Monday filled up. And Tuesday. And Wednesday. And Thursday. And – OH NO – It is Friday. How did Friday get here?

I have not written my blog and it is time to post it. How did I forget? Where did this week go? It is Friday and I am almost late.

Almost! Sometimes it is fine to be almost late. It is okay to be almost late to a ball game. Almost late to dinner. It would be okay if I was almost late to church. I wouldn’t miss anything since it was just almost. So, I guess it is okay that it is Friday morning and I am writing this at 8:07 AM instead of posting it. I am just “almost” on time.

Oh, I feel better. I haven’t really missed anything. Or have I?

What if this morning, one person needed to hear about God at 8:07 AM and instead of finding words of encouragement they found – nothing? (No I do not have grandiose ideas that my blog makes a huge difference in the world.) But, what if, one searching soul randomly stumbled on Mary’s Moments and --

TODAYS SCRIPTURE: MATTHEW 24:44

So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

ALMOST TOO LATE

What if some searching soul almost found words of encouragement? Would they be ready when the Son of Man returns?

What if I am almost ready to give up what stands between God and me? Will I be ready when the Son of Man returns?

What if you have almost made a decision to give your life to God? Will you be ready when the Son of Man returns?

Or will we be standing there saying, “I was almost ready.”

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Will you be too late?

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

Dear Lord, Slow my breathing. Give me deep breaths as I calm myself. As I take a moment to – A moment to save my soul. I do not intentionally make myself so busy that I forget you. I no not intentionally fill my calendar to the point of breaking. Slow my breathing. Give me deep breaths as I calm myself. As I take a moment to save my soul. As I turn to you and say, “I am ready Lord. Your return is one thing I do not want to miss. I want to live each day so I am ready and will never have to say I almost made it.” … Amen

No comments: