Friday, December 23, 2011

BE WISE: GET THERE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

The snow falls. The fog rolls in. The rain pours. The roads are ice covered. Would any of these keep you from going to church? What reasons do you find for not going to church?

SCRIPTURE: MATTHEW 2:1-2, 10-11

After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him”

When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.

BE WISE: GET THERE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

How did you answer the questions of the day? Ice might keep me home. I love winter but I hate walking on ice. Honestly, I have found other reasons to stay home, but they are always good reasons. “I wouldn’t want to give my cold to anyone else.” “Just this Sunday I want to keep my feet up, have another cup of coffee and read the whole paper.”

What reasons do you find? “The big game starts early and I would miss the kick-off.” “I was up late last night.” “Man, I just did not get my lesson read.”

The Magi came a long way to find the king of the Jews. Apparently, they could find no good excuse to stay home. Riding a camel miles and miles and miles -- Can do. Using early GPS (aka star) -- Can do. Asking for directions - Can do. Finding the right home - Can do. Those were mighty determined Magi. They found no excuse. What they did find was Jesus.

Christmas is two days away. I pray you find no excuse. I pray you find your way to the Christ Child.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

PRAYER TIME

Remember, Jesus likes to hear you talk to Him. Today, please take time to wish Jesus a Happy Birth Day. Tell him about your journey to the manger.

No comments: