Friday, July 06, 2012

A STRONG COUNTRY

When I see the red, white and blue, I see people coming to the shores of a new land. Coming with grateful hearts, willing spirits and dreams. Coming they united cultures and languages. They stepped into the melting pot and came out AMERICANS.

When I see the red, white and blue, I see factories being built and ground being cleared. I see utility lines being raised, one pole at a time. I see highways joining homes into communities. I see children going to school and parents going to work. I see family picnics and county fairs. I see churches.

When I see the red, white and blue, I see fields of corn, tomatoes, beans, wheat and pumpkins. I see cars coming off the assembly line. I see truckers, doctors, teachers, mail carriers and trash collectors. I see people selling cars, hardware and antiques. I see people walking toward their dreams.

When I see the red, white and blue, I see what has made this country strong. Individuals united and proud to say, “I am an American. I am one nation. One nation under God.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I see the red, white and blue, I see a nation that is no longer united as one. I see a nation where another country’s name I placed in front of the word American.

When I see the red, white and blue, I see a nation resting on a crumbling foundation. A nation that has lost its pride. A nation that flies its flag out of tradition instead of with respect and honor. I see a nation that is taking away the dignity of its citizens as job after job is sent overseas.

When I see the red, white and blue, I see:

A nation -- no longer strong.

A nation -- no longer respected by other countries.

A nation -- no longer standing true to the principles it was founded on.

A nation -- afraid to say:

WE ARE AMERICANS!

WE ARE ONE NATION!

When I see the red, white and blue, I see:

A nation -- forgetting that we are:

UNDER GOD!

SCRIPTURES

“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and man of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.” Daniel 7:13-14

The Lord is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens. Who is like the Lord our God, the One who sits enthroned on high, who stoops down to look on the heavens and the earth? Psalm 113:4-6

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What do you see when you look at the flag of the United States of America?

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR THE UNITED STATED OF AMERICA. PRAY THAT WE BECOME UNITED IN OUR LOVE OF OUR COUNTRY. PRAY THAT WE RETURN TO OUR BELIEF OF ONE NATION UNDER GOD.

No comments: