Friday, May 17, 2013

BOY IT IS QUIET

Bill has been working in the fields the last couple of weeks and boy has it been quiet. Now, I am not complaining! He loves to get in big boy toys and go back and forth across the field at eight miles per hour. (Go figure. Eight miles per hour would drive me crazy.) (Okay, crazier.) He totally understands that I am not getting up at 4:30 to tell him goodbye or fix his lunch. (Not part of my retirement package.) and he chuckles when he says, “The yard needs mowed.” (He chuckles because he knows I hate to mow and, again, not part of my retirement package.)

I do not mind being alone and I have actually enjoyed the last two weeks. Enjoyed, except for one thing. Boy it is quiet!

I was surprised when I realized how quiet the house is. I turned on the TV and the radio, but that made no difference.

Now Bill would say what I am missing is someone to listen to me rattle on like a junk car. And there might be just a bit of truth in that. But that isn’t it either.

Something was missing. And what was missing wasn’t noise.

SCRIPTURES: ROMANS: 8:37-39

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

AND NOW

That is it! We have been married almost 48 years and many times, because of family needs, business needs or vacations we have been apart. Sometimes for a week or two at a time. Besides, he comes home each night. Why did it seem so quiet this time? Then I realized the quiet was making me think how it would feel to be separated from God. The quiet was like a void.

Although Bill and I will always be connected by our love, we can be apart - separated - by miles and someday, for only a brief time, by death. But separated from God? NO WAY!!!!

How quiet would it be, what void would there be to feel separated from God? If you feel that way, go back and read the scripture. Separated from God? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

God, I love all the “neithers and nors.” Knowing I am never separated from you takes away my quiet. Fills the void. Thank you for always being with me. Amen

No comments: