Friday, May 24, 2013

TOO LATE

Last week was so busy and I honestly thought this week would be a bit less hectic. And it has been, but somehow it filled up. I think a few times I got distracted by Candy Crush. I can get distracted easily. Just now I looked over my shoulder and there are rainbows dancing on the office wall. So way cool! Yes, I can get distracted by small things.

And distractions lead to not getting things done and putting things off till tomorrow. Then maybe till the next day. Besides, I don’t have to have the message for church ready until June 16 so there is not big hurry. There will be time.

SCRIPTURES: MATTHEW 24:36, 40-42, 44

No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

AND NOW

There are things we can put off until tomorrow. It really doesn’t matter if I beat the next level of Candy Crush or not. BUT there are things we cannot put off.

God loves you. He wants to spend eternity with you. Have you made the decision to spend eternity with Him? Or are you waiting until tomorrow to make that decision?

Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

LET US PRAY

O God, I want to be assured of my eternal life today. I do not want to put it off until tomorrow. Amen.

(Now, open your heart and just talk to God. He will accept your prayer. It doesn’t have to be fancy. It doesn’t have to be long. It just has to be honest.)

No comments: