Friday, September 05, 2014

DID YA MISS ME?

Did ya miss me? Did you even think, "Mary didn't post a blog this week?" There were three weeks in August when no blog was posted. Did ya miss them? Honestly - the answer is you didn't miss my blog.

That is okay. Our lives are so busy that we notice when more things are added to our day or week, but we don't seem to notice when something is left out. Ponder that for a minute.

When a friend calls, you talk to them and enjoy the conversation. BUT - If a friend stops calling, how long does it take you to notice? A day? A week? A month? When do you finally miss them?

Do you notice when a Facebook friend has not posted? When family pictures stop showing up? When there are no likes to your posts by them? Or do you have so many Facebook friends that you just keep scrolling down the screen. When do you finally miss them?

When someone misses church, do you think they must be on vacation? Do you wonder if they are sick when they do not show up the next week? Do you even think about them the third week? How long before you realize that pew has an empty spot? When do you finally miss them?

Our day gets busy and we push Bible study to tomorrow. Many things grab our attention and we forget to pray. We lay our head down and go to sleep. Does God miss us?

I have been guilty of each of these. When it dawns on me that I haven't heard from a friend, I realize I hadn't made time for them either. When that Facebook friend falls away, I realize I had rarely responded to their posts. When I see the empty spot in the pew, I realize the empty pew seems normal. When God seems distant, I realize I had pushed Him out of my days.

Our lives are so busy that we notice when more things are added to our day or week, but we don't seem to notice when something is left out. Were any of these people missing me? Are they missing you?  I do not know.

Was God missing me? Does God miss you?  This I do know. YES!!!

The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty;

he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love,

he will joy over thee with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

Be assured, a God that saves you, rejoices over you, loves you and has such joy that he will sing over you will miss you. God will not stop calling you. God will not unfriend you. God will not think the empty pew is normal. When you go back to studying the Bible, when you go back to praying, and when you go back to telling God goodnight, God will say, "My child, I have missed you."

No comments: