Friday, April 21, 2017

BAKING A PIE

I wish you could smell what I smell.  I just took a rhubarb pie out of the oven and the whole house smells sweet with a whiff of cinnamon and a hint of nutmeg.  It is going to be hard to let it cool before slicing a piece.  But I must wait because I like ice cream on my pie and the ice cream would turn to … milk and milk over pie would be … odd.

Bill loves rhubarb pie and I have come to enjoy it also, as long as it has ice cream as a topper.  The recipe was given to me by a very sweet lady and she gave me the whole recipe. 

When asked, some cooks will give you their recipe but it never turns out quite right.  It will taste almost as good but it is a bit off.  Then one day you tell them, “I have tried but I must not have the knack you do because the pie/cake/casserole is never as good as yours.”  When they get that glint in their eyes and their mouth curls a bit, it hits you:  THEY LEFT AN INGREDIENT OUT!

That rhubarb pie is going to taste fantastic because I had the whole recipe.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  …..  The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God’s people.  Amen    Genesis 1:1 through Revelation 22:21

Talk about having all the ingredients!  Having the whole recipe!  It is all there!  The recipe for a foundation of Righteousness and Justice, walls called Salvation and gates called Praise and a crystal clear river of the Water of Life.

Now are you ready for the really, really good part?  We are ingredients in this recipe!  How cool is that?

We – you and me - ---are God’s children!!  We are heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ!  We share in his sufferings and that means we may share in his glory!  By golly, this is the best thing ever?  And this is for EVERYONE! 

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.  Galatians 3:26-29

The Bible did not leave any ingredient out.  Devour it one slice at a time!!


No comments: