Friday, July 07, 2017

A GREAT CELEBRATION

Red.  White.  Blue.  Noise.  Fireworks.  Hot dogs.  Civic Bands.  Yup!  It is the 4th of July. 

I have great memories of this day.  The town where I grew up celebrated with a midway that rivaled the state fair.  I rode the tilt-a-whirl, the farris wheel, the scrambler and merry-go-round.  If I ran out of money, I knew where to find dad.  He played bingo and I could always go hit him up for a couple more rides.  Mom could be found walking around but she was not the easy touch dad was.  Then the fireworks began.  I loved the fireworks.

I still do!  I love the feeling of the bang when it is loud enough to hammer into my chest.  I love the smell.  I love the designs.  I ohh and ahh as the red turns gold and twirlies (a non-official word) make a sizzle sound.  I hate it when the last one fades.

I love this country!  I believe God blessed this country and hubby and I have been so very fortunate to see the vastness.  From every direction, in every state, along every river, on the top of every mountain and in every valley, I believe God has blessed this country

God was seen in almost every government building as the Ten Commandments were proudly displayed.  Schools posted the Ten Commandments and said the Pledge of Allegiance.  The Cross was displayed on government owned properties.  The manger scene was displayed outside of court houses across the country. 

But now this country is turning its back on God.  The Ten Commandments are being taken down or covered up.  The Pledge is rarely said in schools and when was the last time you heard the Pledge of Allegiance said anywhere?  A Cross is no longer allowed on government owned properties.  And manger scenes are banned from most court house squares.

When did this start?  Why?  What can we do about it?

I do not have the answers.  I searched scriptures and there are so many about Israel walking with God.  Then turning from Him.  Then turning to Him.  Then walking with God.  And repeating the cycle time and time again.  How can our country not learn from these scriptures?  How can this country go from feeling God’s blessings to saying God has no place in our government.  When did God get confined to the inside of the church?

I love this country!   From every direction, in every state, along every river, on the top of every mountain and in every valley, I believe God has blessed this country.  Why are we not blessing God?


No comments: