Friday, May 25, 2018


THANK YOU LORD I HEARD THE PHONE

I heard a new song, Dream Small, by Josh Wilson and I thought, “What?  I thought we were to dream big.  Strive to achieve our wildest dream.”  This song said just the opposite.

Dream Small (excerpts)

It’s a momma singing songs about the Lord --- It’s a daddy spending family time
Simple moments change the world --- Little ways
It’s visiting the widow --- Dancing on a Friday
Don’t bother like you’ve gotta do it all
Jesus use you where you are
Dream Small

:  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :

THANK YOU LORD I HEARD THE PHONE --

The sweeper makes a lot of noise but I thought I heard the phone ring.  Yes, it was ringing and thank you Lord I heard the phone.  A friend and I talked for 45 minutes as she told about her husband being in the hospital.  He is taking chemo, his white count was down and his fever was up.  I listened.  I asked how she was doing.  I listened.  Dream small:  Thank you Lord I did not miss a phone call from a friend.

THANK YOU LORD THE MORNING WAS FREE --

A gal I have been friends with for years called.  You must know, we have shopped, laughed, bowled, shared many meals, and she was there when I got stopped for shop lifting.  (A story for another day but she stood outside the store and laughed.  She also laughed when I got stopped for speeding on the way home.  Yes, we are still friends.)  “What are you doing Friday?”  It depends.  What do you need and what time, because we have plans that evening?  “I need a ride to a doctor’s appointment at 10:00.”  Can do!  I will pick you up at 9:00.  Dream small:  Thank you Lord I could be available to do a small favor.

THANK YOU LORD I HAVE THE TIME --

“Mom, want to spend time with Tim on Tuesday?”  What does he have on Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning?  “Nothing.”  How about I pick him up Tuesday morning and bring him back Wednesday around 1:00?  I have to be your way both days.  “That works.”  Time with a grandson who does not yet know he will be helping clean house!  Dream small:  Thank you Lord I have time to share.

:  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :

Dream small?  Simple moments change the world?  Maybe this song makes more sense than what I first thought.

I will never make a tremendous difference in the world like Mother Teresa.  I will never be heard by millions and millions like Billy Graham.  I will never …..

BUT I can listen to a friend.  A small thing.  I can help a friend.  A little thing.  I can enjoy a grandson.  A simple thing.

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.
Proverbs 16:9

Three phone calls.  Each with a simple request.  Thank you Lord I heard the phone.

:  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :

Link to DREAM SMALL:


Link to DREAM SMALL lyrics.


1 comment:

Nana's Nook said...

Wonderful as always. Phone calls with family and friends are so important.