Friday, June 29, 2018


About Me

Answer these questions.  One point for each thing you have done.  Ten things about me.  Seven things about me.  These pop up on Facebook constantly.  Trouble is, I am pretty much an open book and I have trouble coming up with ten or seven things no one knows.

Yes I have:  Been to all 50 states -- Flown in a hot air balloon -- Gotten more than one ticket for speeding – Been to a concert – Gotten a bit misplaced (aka lost) – Worked as a car hop – Delivered a calf

No I have never:  Gotten a tattoo – Been arrested – Ridden a motorcycle – Been to Europe – Sang karaoke

Ten Favorites:  Color:  Depends on the day – Food:  Cheesecake – Season:  Any except summer (too hot) – Day:  Sunday (Hey, my minister reads this, what else could I say?) – Vacation spot:  Jasper, Alberta – Drink:  Water – TV Show:  American Ninja Warrior – ARE THERE TEN YET? – Holiday:  My birthday (It should be a holiday) – Game:  Sorry – Books:  Jan Karon’s Mitford Series or Lee Child’s Jack Reacher Series.  Finally ten!

If I am mad, it is very obvious.  If I am scared, hurt or worried, it shows.  If I am happy, there is no doubt.  Yup, pretty much an open book. 

But if you think I am an open book, read about Jesus!  My goodness!  That man hid nothing!  (Yes he did wait a bit to allow everyone to see that he is the Son of God but that was a timing thing.  That news had to be timed just right and totally orchestrated by God.)

Today, your phone will tell everyone where you are eating supper, who you are with and what time you tucked yourself in bed.  Nothing available like that when Jesus was traveling around but there had to be two tin cans on a very long string, because when Jesus showed up, so did the crowds. 

When they heard about all he was doing, many people came to him from Judea, Jerusalem Idumea, and the regions across the Jordan and around Tyre and Sidon.  Mark 3:8

Jesus was not afraid to answer all the questions the priests, elders and teachers ask.  He also was not afraid to point out their ---

Indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, the synagogue leader said to the people, “There are six days for work.  So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath.”  The Lord answered him, “You hypocrites!....”  Luke 13:14 and first of 15

Yup, on open book.  Jesus did not mince words.

Sometimes we try to hold in our emotions.  We are afraid for others to see our tears.  Not Jesus.

When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.”
When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled.  “Where have you laid him?” he asked.
“Come and see, Lord,” they replied.
Jesus wept.        John 11:32-35

<  <  <  <    >  >  >

Want to know something about me?  Just ask.  I will be glad to answer your question.

Want to know something about Jesus?

Open your Bible to Matthew and start reading.
You can quit reading when you finish Revelation 22:6.

Of course, in all honesty, you never quit reading.
Because each time you read, you will discover something you missed the first time.


No comments: