Friday, September 07, 2018


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

My grandkids told me that September 2, 2019 they are going to throw me a 21st birthday party.  That means I am 20.  Well, maybe a bit more than that.  Cliff notes:  During surgery, September 2, 1998, I died.  Bet you guessed I did not stay that way.  I am not unique.  Many people have died and lived to tell about it.

When the young man was wheeling me out to the car, he asked, “Did you see a light?”  Told him, “No.  Figured God was not done with me and the devil didn’t know what to do with me, so they both refused to keep me.”

This has made for many jokes and remarks.  One grandson told me I like technology and continue to learn because I have a young brain.  (Wish I had the young body to go with it.)  My daughter once told me that if I had stayed dead she would have buried me with shoes on.  (I realized she had finally dealt with her fear.  I hate wearing shoes.)  My son put on a stiff upper lip and was manly.  (But I saw right through that act.)  Hubby, on the other hand, would like to wrap me in cotton and protect me.  (I am so blessed to have him!!!)  And my reaction?  I realized how precious life is.  Even more, I realized I did not need to fear dying.  Been there.  Done that.

But when I do – and news flash:  we all will die – I will see the scriptures fulfilled for me.

Therefore I will not lose heart.  Though outwardly I am wasting away, yet inwardly, I am being renewed day by day.  For my light and momentary troubles are achieving for me an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So I fix my eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what I see is temporary, but what I do not see is eternal.   2 Corinthians 4:16-18

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because to come to him I must believe that he exists and that he will reward me because I earnestly seek him.  Hebrews 11:6

Personal Statement of Faith

I believe Jesus is the Son of God.
I believe Jesus walked on this earth and that he brought the love of God
to all who will accept it.
I believe Jesus can heal souls and bodies.
Although I may have times of doubt or times of disobedience,
I believe the love of Jesus is unending and never fails.
I believe Jesus is my salvation.
I believe Jesus died so my sins could be buried with him.
I believe he arose and is with his Father.
I believe Jesus lived so he could present me to his Father
as a forgiven, cleansed daughter.

A disclaimer here.  I am fine.  Well, other than a little of this and a little of that, but we all have this and that.  I am not ready to die, but when I have fulfilled whatever it is God has for me to do, I will be ready to live.

I will see the twelve gates and the walls of jasper and gold as pure as glass.  I will pluck fruit from those trees.  And I am taking the biggest drinking glass I can find.  I will dip that glass in the crystal clear river and be refreshed by the water of life.

Then I am going to ask God to retire that 2 X 4 He uses to get my attention. 

1 comment:

Judy E. said...

Love your attitude and your faith, Mary.