Friday, February 07, 2020


WHY DID THEY PUT THAT IN?

I have a bottle of white-out sitting on my desk.  I have often thought about using it when I come across a scripture I do not like.

Please explain why any hard working person would leave in Romans 13:6?  This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing.  I get the pay your taxes.  Well sorta.  I do want good roads and schools and libraries and… BUT maybe someone should send an email to all those ‘authorities’ and explain to them they are God’s servants.  Okay.  Okay.  The verse about taxes stays in.

I always tell people I am going to remove the word ‘patience’ because it is a struggle to be patient.  Isaiah 7:13:  Then Isaiah said, “Hear now, you house of David!  Is it not enough to try the patience of humans?  Will you try the patience of my God also?  I do not like to think about trying God’s patience.  What if he got as impatient with me as I get with some of the… Oh.  Pretty sure I need to reword that.  I need to be as patient with God’s children as God is with me.  Patience stays in.

“But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven.”  Matthew 5:44-45  Who was Jesus talking to?  The first four Disciples?  Surely Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew and James, son of Zebedee, and his brother John were the only ones who would pray for their enemies.  Sadly, Jesus was talking to a crowd and these words would also be meant for me.  How do I pray for a person who hates me?  Or tries to harm me?  I put the white out away.  Love and prayer for those who persecute me stays in. 

The Bible – will I ever understand every passage?
The answer would be NO!
But I am trying.



No comments: