Friday, April 10, 2020


IT IS FINISHED

Jesus was going home!  He was going to see His FATHER!  He was going back to sit on His Throne!  Jesus would have been filled with joy and excitement.  JESUS WAS GOING HOME!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!  JESUS IS HOME!!!  JESUS IS SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD!!!

Wow.  My soul is just jumping around inside me with joy.  I swear the Holy Spirit is turning cartwheels.  Doing handstands.  The Holy Spirit is putting his hand in the air, making a fist, bringing that hand down, and shouting, “Yes!”

==========

I closed the first two parts of the Easter message with TO BE CONTINUED, because my story - your story - our hope began the day Jesus said, “It is finished.”

It was not his life that was finished.  He arose.

It was not his work that was finished.  That continues.

What is finished?  Glad you asked.

WHAT IS FINISHED?

I am a sinner.  No matter how hard I try, I sin.  I try to not make the same mistake twice, but I even fail at that.  I am a sinner.  And I was lost.

You see, when Jesus said, “It is finished.” he was talking about me being lost.  He changed “was” to “no longer.”

I am a sinner.  No matter how hard I try, I sin.  I try to not make the same mistake twice, but I even fail at that.  I am a sinner.  And I am no longer lost.

Jesus was on that Cross for me.  To pay for the sins I know I do and for the sins I don’t even know I commit.  When Jesus died, my life changed.  When Jesus died, every blessing, every gift of God became available to me.  To me...a sinner.  Right there for the taking was hope and peace and grace and eternal life.

And one Sunday morning, when I was still a young girl, I walked to the altar and accepted Jesus as my Savior.

And someday, Jesus will take my hands and look into my eyes and gently say, “I love you Mary.  Look, I am ALIVE!  It told you everything would be okay.  Wait till you see the room I have prepared just for you.  I had them put some bubble stuff in your room.  Oh, Mary, the bubbles here reflect the jewels.  The bubbles can even look like pearls.”

==========

Jesus took my sin.  Guess what...HE TOOK YOURS TOO!  Have you accepted Jesus as your savior?  I pray you have, because we all need saved and we all need a Savior to take our hands, look us in the eyes, and give us the assurance that it will be okay.

No comments: