Friday, July 31, 2020


RANDOM THOUGHTS

Every so often I like to do random thoughts that pop into my brain.  Sometimes these thoughts start slow and then they pick up speed, but I never know what is coming next.  (Of course, if you know me well, you will shake your head and think, “We never know what will pop into her mind.”)  Let’s see what happens.

I really do not like it when the Sunday scripture is one of those really tiny books with only one or two chapters.  How do you find Haggai or Obadiah between all those Old Testament Books?

Since I am on the Bible, I wonder if those that had to copy the Bible played rock, paper, scissors to see who lost and had to copy all those names in 1 Chronicles. 

While on the subject of naming names, why are so few women listed.  Listen up; ye male humans, without the female humans, that Biblical lineage would be really, really short.  And I wonder if Noah, daughter of Zelophehad, was ever teased for having a “male” name.  (Numbers 26:33)

Do you suppose the wife of the farmer said, “You want me to do what with those?  You do know they came out of a chicken’s butt, right?”  Why would anyone look at a snail and think it looked yummy?  And canned peas are mushy!

Hey, I warned you.  Random thoughts…..

Why do all mothers know how to give “the look” and all children understand it?  Whoever came up with daylight savings time did not have children and did not have to repeatedly say, “I know it is not dark out yet, but it is your bedtime.” 

Why would the car not start for me, but would start the moment hubby turned the key?  Why did the oven work when the repair man arrived?  Why does the washer stop working on the first load instead of the last?

Why do I fall asleep the last ten minutes of a mystery show?  What happened to funny sitcoms?  Why did Marshall Dillon never marry Miss Kitty? 

Why does the dictionary have page numbers?  Along the lines of alphabetical, why do teachers always set their students in alphabetical order?  Those poor a name students are always on the first row.  They can never get away with any mischief, while those w,x,y, and z kids are shooting spit wads.  (I did not sit in the back.  I have no experience with spit wads.  None.  Nada.  Well, there was this one time….)  Still thinking about school, someone can mention chewing gum and thoughts of gum under every seat in the school auditorium pops right to the front of my mind. 

Who in the world thought the phrase ‘raining cats and dogs’ made even an iota of sense?  Or why in the world would anyone want to sleep in a tent, on the ground, where spiders and bugs and snakes could join them and bears could easily tear the fabric and consider them their evening snack.

Random thoughts.  They can appear out of nowhere.  I can be praying and the vision of clothes still in the dryer floats through.  Or listening to the sermon and the chicken will call from the freezer, “You forget to take me out.”

That is it.  No big finish.  No big meaning.  I hope my random thoughts have brightened your day.  I really hope this will encourage you to do the same. 

Take a deep breath.  Now another.  Close your eyes for just a second or two.  Open them.  Begin!  And if you need a jump start, write: I wonder what it would feel like to fly like a bird.

May you find joy in every day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this so much Mary...ALL the randomness!! Thank you for sharing!😊💗