Friday, October 23, 2020

 

A RATTLE, PUT IT IN PARK, and AN ALL RED DASHBOARD

I know how to drive.  Although hubby fills my car up more than I do, I know how to use the gas pump.  I know how to… Nope.  That pretty much covers it.  Maybe one more.  I do know when my car is not following my commands properly.

“What is that noise?” became a frequent comment.  It was not there all the time.  It was not even there every time I hit a hole, but my car had a noise problem.  A noise problem that was driving me bonkers, but refused to make its appearance known when the nice mechanic drove it.  I do believe they were humoring the “little lady” when they told me they would put it on a special machine which would find the noise.  Ah ha!  The machine pointed out a slight suspension problem.  Problem fixed!  Or so we thought.  The noise still comes and goes.  What I want to understand is how a “noise” knows I am driving. 

When I turned the car off, the red light on the instrument panel read, “Put the car in park, please.”  “IT IS IN PARK,” I shouted.  I turned the car back on.  I took the car out of park.  I put the car in park.  I turned the car off.  The red light did not come on.  Until a few days later.  My friendly mechanic, who still thinks I hear noises, made an appointment and explained this is a common problem.  We took the car to visit the mechanic.

The car was all happy and ready to come home.  The truck, on the other hand, decided to test our patience.  Hubby started the truck and ---- red lights everywhere!  The instrument panel said we had --- nothing!  No fuel.  No speedometer.  And it showed four flat tires.  Those lights stayed on all the way to the coffee shop.  Of course, coffee first!  Hubby called our friendly mechanic who said drop the truck off when you pick up the car.  True to form, the truck started and all gauges worked.  The truck received a physical and the cause of the problem was surgically removed.  The nice mechanic did not ask about my “noise.”

I bet you are wondering what I will find inspirational in all this.  Not sure.  Maybe nothing.  There is one thing I would like to point out which might save your life.

When we went to trade vehicles with the nice mechanic, it was very foggy.  Very foggy!!  There were also so many drivers who did not have their lights on.  Men are the worst!  One time a man told me, “I can see.  I don’t need them on.”  I use my lights because I WANT OTHERS TO SEE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, the next time it is foggy, pretend I am the red light, on your dashboard, flashing TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON! 

I guess there is something inspirational in all this.  Jesus is the light that clears away the fog so we can stay on the path. 

Today I am saving your human body by telling you to use your lights when it is foggy and your spiritual body by telling you to see the light of Jesus.

No comments: