Friday, December 08, 2023

THE ANGEL

Last week I told you that our Nativity was placed where all could see it and this year it had flowers around it.  They are to remind us that Jesus came to be with us spring, summer, fall, and winter…..   no matter what season of life we are in and to remember Jesus will still be here even after the Nativity is put back in the box.

This week I did find inspiration in another decoration.  I received an angel for my birthday and she is just the right size to fit in our dining room window.  The dining room is decorated very simply -- the angel plus some garland, a lamp, and some Christmas globes. 

  
 

I think the angel needs a name — GT.  Yes, I shall call her GT.

“And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.”       Luke 2:10 KJV

Now that she has a name, I will continue.  For some reason, maybe it is her size; the angel makes the room feel safe.  As if she is standing guard.  Wait till you see her once she is plugged in.



GT is an infinity light angel and, when plugged in, it is as if she goes on forever. 

I had this blog finished and had made a good point about being plugged into the power of God.  Then I looked closely at this next picture and that point was evident.

Do you see it?  The first angel picture shows how we look to others when we live for earthly things. They see what we have  --- wealth, possessions, family, and health.  They see what we do.  They see a reflection of the world.

BUT – that is not what people are to see in believers.  They should see the power of God.  They should see the hope and joy and peace and love that came to earth one night, when a baby was born, and placed in a manger.  A baby who came to bring the light of God into the world.  Into our souls. 

So this Christmas, plug in those Christmas lights, but first plug yourself into the one power source that will shine through you so brightly that all will see the grace and mercy and forgiveness and eternal life – all will see the light of God.

Next week?  I have already found my inspiration.  That means I will not have to puzzle over an idea.

 

No comments: