Friday, August 02, 2024

 

THE BLEEDING WOMAN — MARK 5:25-34

Part 2

Now a certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years, and had suffered many things from many physicians.  She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse.  When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment.  For she said, “If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well.”

Mark 5:25-28

SHE TOOK ACTION

 Can you see her?

Pacing in her quiet home, alone, thinking about what she had heard, the bleeding woman said, “I will go to find Jesus.  I know I am not to be in a crowd, but I will not shout or cry out.  I will not draw attention to myself.  I will slowly work my way through the crowd.  If only I can get close enough….  If only I can touch his garment… If I can touch his clothes ……

So Jesus went with him, and a great multitude followed Him and thronged Him.  Mark 5:24

Picture the actions of the bleeding woman as she left her home ..  the only place she was safe from causing others to become unclean.

Walking out her door, the bleeding woman looked at the ground.  If no one saw her face, maybe she could get to where Jesus was without attracting attention to herself.  If only….  The streets began to fill up.  “Why are there so many?” she wondered, “I never expected the crowd to be this large.  Someone said Jesus was headed to heal a sick child.  No wonder there are so many following.  They want to see a miracle.  That is what I want too… a miracle.”

Moving slowly, the woman was searching for Jesus.  She was sure she would recognize him.  He would be the man everyone was looking at.  He would be leading the group.  “I heard he has disciples.  I hope I can get through them.  Will they have him surrounded to protect him?”

Although she was worried, she continued.  She moved through the crowd.  Her feet seemed to know where to go.  There were so many people.  It was hard for her to see one step in front of herself.  And then … Just like that … There he was.

How did she know it was Jesus?  She could feel his power.  She could see his authority by the way he walked… sure confident.  She could see the love in his eyes as he looked at all around him.

This was Jesus! She was so close.  She could almost touch his garment.  Just one more step, past one more person, and she would be able to reach out her hand …

PART 3 NEXT WEEK

 

No comments: