Friday, August 09, 2024

THE BLEEDING WOMAN — MARK 5:25-34

PART 3


When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment.  For she said, “If only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well.”  Immediately the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of the affliction.  And Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him, turned around in the crowd and said, “Who touched My clothes?”  Mark 5:27-30

SHE SUCCEEDED

Again, picture the woman.  See her in the crowd.  Only inches away from her goal as she stretches her hand toward his garment.

This was Jesus!  She was so close.  She could almost touch his garment.  Just one more step, past one more person, and she would be able to reach out her hand …


And Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him, turned around in the crowd and said, “Who touched My clothes?”       Mark 5:29-30

For a second or for half a second, she was not sure, her fingers gently touched the robe Jesus was wearing.  Immediately the bleeding stopped.  And her very soul shouted with joy.  Then she heard Jesus say, “Who touched my clothes?”

Her mind began to race:  How did he know?  In this crowd, how could he even feel such a soft touch?


But His disciples said to Him, “You see the multitude thronging You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’ ” Mark 5:31

What will happen to me now?  Will he be angry and the flow start again?  Will the crowds turn on me when they realize I am the unclean woman?  I will tell the truth.

She fell down, fearing and trembling …..

PART 4 NEXT WEEK

No comments: