I WANT
The 23rd Psalm starts out: The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want. The trouble is, I DO WANT! And I have a long list of things I want. My goal is to acquire each and every one of them. Will I? Time will tell.
BUT, don’t we all have lists? Probably more than one list. I have a bucket list. Over the years, it has changed. I have been to all fifty states, so that was scratched off. I took sky diving off when I realized the ground could be hard and I know bones break. I still want to ride a motorcycle. We all need a bucket list. It shows we have not given up on life … adventure.
I have a weekly list. Blog needs to be ready to post Friday morning and Sunday School lesson needs to be prepared by Saturday afternoon. Laundry is a must. The weekly list has things on it that I find very easy to overlook. Dusting can wait until next week and cooking can easily be put off if the day was hectic and takeout is handy.
Of course, there are other lists. Those include doctor appointments and meetings.
The weekly list, the doctor appointment list and list of meetings cannot be called ”wants.” They would fall under the category of life demands. The bucket list is a list of wants. But is there another list?
Ohhhh, YES! This list is long and is my absolute I WANT list. This is the list I am working the hardest to acheive. What is on this list? Simple things, really, but not in any certain order.
Salvation, Forgiveness, Mercy, Joy, Love, Compassion, Grace, Wisdom, Justification, Faith, Trust, Servant’s heart, and ……..
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!
1 John 3:1 NIV
I am a Child of God. I am a believer in God’s Son, Jesus Christ.
Well, what do you know. My absolute I WANT LIST is complete.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment