Friday, September 30, 2011

CONFIDENT AND BOLD

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY

How do you worship? Do you worship with your head bowed? Sitting quietly? Is it good to worship in more than one way? Is it okay to dance? Be confident? Bold? Courageous? Fearless?

SCRIPTURES

David, wearing a linen ephod, danced before the Lord with all his might, while he and the entire house of Israel brought up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets. 2 Samuel 6:14

Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident. Psalm 27:3

The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion. Proverbs 28:1

Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. Acts 4:29

Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly. Philippians 1:14

CONFIDENT AND BOLD

I do not think there is one set style to worship God. Sometimes our worship is quiet. Peaceful. Using songs that bring memories of tradition. At other times our worship uses songs set to drums and guitars. Is convicting. A bit noisy.

Today I would like to encourage you to be CONFIDENT and BOLD. David was confident and bold when he danced in the streets. Danced with shouts and trumpets. David was so excited to be bringing the ark home that he could not wait until he was home, within the confines of walls, to praise the Lord. No way! This worship demanded dancing! And shouts! And trumpets!

The scriptures tell us to be bold as a lion, to speak with great boldness and to be more courageous and fearless.

Do you want to sing: Jesus Christ is risen today, Alleluia! Or do you want to boldly and with confidence sing: JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN TODAY, ALLELUIA!

Do you want to ask: Father forgive me. Or do you want to courageously (Because it does take courage to admit you have sinned) ask: FATHER FORGIVE ME.

Do you want to tell: For God so loved the world. Or do you want to fearlessly tell: FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD!

Spending quiet, prayerful, personal, listening and study time with God is extremely important. We each need these times of worship, but do not limit the way you worship God.

Be bold!

Be confident!

Be courageous!

Be fearless!

As you spend time in worship, shout to God, "ALLEULUIA!" And, if you are really fearless, dance in the streets.

LET US PRAY (Please use this as a beginning of your prayer. Finish in your own words, words from your heart.)

Bold. Confident. Courageous. Fearless. Lord, these are new terms when I think about how I worship. Can I just sorta be over in the corner and watch? Can I just think bold? Can I --My dear, loving God, give me boldness and confidence when I sing. Making each word important and each song a statement of my faith. Give me courage when I pray. Making each prayer honest, holding nothing back. Give me fearlessness when I tell others about you. Making each statement a truth from your Word. Amen

No comments: