Friday, January 18, 2019


EXCITED

Are you a morning person?  Do you wake up; eyes wide open and ready to face the day?

Well good for you.

That is not exactly how I wake up.  My day starts when hubby says, “Good morning, it is time to get up.” He is my alarm clock because .... Well .....  My mom always woke us kids up so I never woke up to an alarm clock.  Until I got married.  Believe it or not we received three alarm clocks as wedding gifts.  Personally I think alarm clocks are a strange wedding gift but, as it ended up, we used all three.

Morning one:  The alarm clock was there waiting to welcome me to a new day.  The alarm went off. A very loud alarm that scared me to death and clock one did not survive me trying to silence that absolutely obnoxious sound.

Morning two:  The box said the alarm was a pleasant sound that would not cause permanent damage to the ear.  The box lied. Clock two joined clock one in the trash can.

Morning three:  Bill turned the alarm clock off and from that day forward, the alarm clock resided on his side of the bed.

A perfect morning would be to hear a very soft, “Good morning Mary.  Here is your coffee and the morning paper turned to the cartoons.”  Ah, coffee!  Thank you God for coffee.

Over the years, I have gotten up to go to work, to fix breakfast and get everyone out the door, to take care of sick kids, to take care of a sick hubby, to go on vacation, to deliver calves, to get cows off the road and fix fence at 2:00 AM, and because it is the adult thing to do.  It is not that I want to sleep in.  It is just that I hate waking up!

Except for Sunday. On Sunday I am excited, because I know that, after coffee, I GET TO GO TO CHURCH!  I am:

EXCITED FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORSHIP.
EXCITED TO BE IN GOD’S HOUSE.
EXCITED TO GREET OTHERS.
EXCITED TO JOIN IN SONG.
EXCITED TO HEAR THE WORD OF GOD.
EXCITED TO LEARN FROM THE SERMON.

Yup.  On Sunday I wake up with the joy and excitement of knowing I will be going to church...... right after I have my coffee.

No comments: