Friday, January 17, 2020


THE LOST NECKLACE

It was a typical morning.  Hubby and I were enjoying our morning coffee with friends – when my necklace fell off.  I must not have gotten it hooked properly.  Back around my neck it went. 

After coffee, I went to CVS to get a few things, put them away, fixed lunch, and realized my necklace was ….. gone.

I have two, very nice cross necklaces I wear to church, but this one is my everyday necklace.  I put it on when I get up and take it off at night.  It just feels right to have it on.  And it was not there.

I looked in the car, around the car, and where I had been in the house.  NO NECKLACE!

I called the bakery – no they had not found a necklace.  I called CVS – no they had not found a necklace.  I would go look!

Knowing I was upset, hubby drove me to the bakery.  I looked where the car had been parked and under the chair where I had been sitting.  NO NECKLACE!

We drove to CVS.  I looked where the car had been parked.  NO NECKLACE! 

I went inside and walked up and down every aisle.  I looked around the shampoo and toothpaste.  I looked around the Christmas sale items.  I starred at the floor next to the cards and in front of the pharmacy counter.  NO NECKLACE!

I walked again – yes again – down the aspirin aisle – and there – in the middle of the aisle – where I had walked minutes before --- was the --- chain.  I picked up the chain and looked really hard.  I looked from every angle.  A chain but no cross. 

I thought – which aisle had I been on before this one?  I retraced my steps.  And there – was the cross!

I have two, very nice cross necklaces and received a new one for Christmas, but this one ….. It was lost and I wanted to find it.

Where am I going with this?  Simple – if I looked this hard for a necklace, which could easily be replaced, how hard does the Shepherd look for lost souls?

Jesus speaks:  “Suppose one of you had a hundred sheep and lost one.  Wouldn’t you leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the lost one until you found it?  When found, you can be sure you would put it across your shoulders, rejoicing, and when you got home call in your friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Celebrate with me!  I’ve found my lost sheep!’  Count on it – there’s more joy in heaven over one sinner’s rescued life than over ninety-nine good people in no need of rescue.”                Luke 15:4-7 – The Message

Jesus ate with tax collectors.  He talked with sinners.  He wants ALL his sheep to be in the flock.  ALL!!!

Do you ever feel lost or not good enough?  Do you ever feel like there is no way God would want a person like you?

Listen up!  The GOOD NEWS is that the Shepherd is looking for you!  He will not rest until each of His sheep is rescued.  And that includes YOU!

No comments: