Friday, August 21, 2026

 I AM    Part 2

Your eyes are fine.  The week’s blog is also titled I AM.  


The other day, I saw a video about I AM.   I thought I AM was a name and was to be spoken with reverence. This video made me think about I AM in a whole new way.  It showed me that I AM can be an action verb.  A verb to be emphasized.


Picture God calling these people.to serve and their reaction.  


Moses checked out the burning bush and quickly found out God was speaking to him.  God had a job for Moses.  Can you hear Moses saying, “God, I cannot do this.   wouldn’t know what to say or do to convince the Pharaoh.  I am not capable of doing this.”  Do you hear God reply, “I AM SURE.” (Spoken with conviction and power.)


Poor Jeremiah.  So young and unsure of himself and wondering why the LORD had chosen him to go on a mission. “Ah, LORD, don’t you want someone older and who can speak with wisdom?  Are you sure I can do this?”  Do you hear God reply, “I AM SURE.”  (Spoken with conviction and power.)


Samuel was called to anoint one of Jesse’s sons, but was afraid Saul might kill him.  Besides, how would he know which son.  I think he might have asked, “God, out of eight sons, I am not sure which son to anoint.”  Do you hear God reply, “I AM SURE.”  (Spoken with conviction and power.)



——————————————


“What do you mean you want me to be Lay Leader?  That would mean I have to get up front and talk.  Are you sure I am ready to do this?”  And God replies, ”I AM SURE You are ready and will be just fine.”


“Lord, this trial is hard.  Are you sure I can do it?”  And God replies, “I AM SURE You will make it through.  We will take one step at a time.”


“Be a greeter?  Welcome people I do not know?  Are you sure?”  And God replies, “I AM SURE Just smile and say hello.”


“This grief is hard.  My heart is hurting.  I am not sure I will make it through the day.”  And God replies, “I AM SURE I will give you strength to endure the empty chair by day and will hold you as you rest at night.”


“Such wonder!  Amazing!  Joy.  Peace.  Grace.  Love.  Lord, are you sure I am worthy of these gifts?”  And God replies, “I AM SURE.”



REMEMBER:  When you ask God, “Are you sure you mean me?”  AND He says, “I AM SURE.”  You better hang on because God’s I AM SURE is a powerful verb.

No comments: