Friday, September 30, 2022

 IT’S ALL ABOUT ME

You do know IT IS ALL ABOUT ME, don’t you?  When I say ALL, I mean ALL.  I am talking about the Bible.  The scriptures are all about me!  God wants me to know how to live and receive eternal life.  So you will know that IT’S ALL ABOUT ME!!, here are a few examples:

Whether I turn to the right or to the left, my ears will hear a voice behind me, saying, "This is the way; walk in it.   Isaiah 30:21

See, God is directing my path.  My path!

So then, just as I received Christ Jesus as Lord, I will continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as I was taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. 

 

See to it that no one takes me captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.   Colossians 2:6-7

I cannot help it is about me.  I received Jesus as my Lord and he strengthens my faith.  Now, I must admit that you are in this one.  The “See to it that no one takes me captive” part is where you come in.  You are responsible for me – a sister in Christ – and are to make sure I do not fall for false, misleading philosophy.  But it is still about me staying on the path.

No, in all these things I am more than a conqueror through him who loves me.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate me from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.   Romans 8:37-39

How amazing!  I will never be separated from the love of God.  Jesus made sure of that!

Satisfy me in the morning with your unfailing love, that I may sing for joy and be glad all my days.  Psalm 90:14

My morning will be satisfied by unfailing love (gee and I thought coffee was to be my morning go to)!  I kinda questioned the sing part, but if I have unfailing love of God, why wouldn’t little ole me, who cannot make a sound that could even come close to being described as singing, sing for joy and be glad all my days?  God wants me to have joy and be glad.  My goodness, He is so wonderful to me.

Have you figured out that this, so far, has been written tongue-in-cheek?  Yes, each verse is meant for me and each is to guide and strengthen my journey to eternal life.  The really, really, really amazing thing is that – Are you ready? – they were also written for you.

But, do you find yourself in the scriptures?  Do you know you have POWER?

For God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.  ….. by the power of God, who has saved me and called me to a holy life -- not because of anything I have done but because of his own purpose and grace.  This grace was given me in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.    2 Timothy 1:7-9

Timothy was called.  The disciples were called.  Moses and Noah and Abraham were called.  They each were called to fulfill the plan God had for them.  God has also called you.  YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED BY GOD!!  YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED TO A HOLY LIFE.  This is all about you.

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen me with power through his Spirit in my inner being.  So that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith.  And I pray that I, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.   Ephesians 3:14-19

You might have the wrong impression that you are in your life and especially your trials all by yourself.  Au contraire (Don’t ya love to use phrases like that?) you are a Child of God.  Look again at the above scripture.  You have power through HIS Spirit.  You know…the one living inside you.  The Spirit that kicks in when you are headed down the wrong path and when you are praising God and when you make the right decision.  But that is not all!  You have HIS whole family in heaven and on earth.  It is a very large family and you are part of that family.  Besides that, you are together with all the saints.  Wow!  Saints.  Now if that doesn’t make you feel special you need to call me so we can talk.  You know how full you fill after those holiday meals?  That is nothing compared to being filled with the fullness of God. 

Yes, God so loved the world that He sent His Son.  He sent His Son for each of us.  For you.  For me.  This verse must be personalized.  Personalized so you know you shall not parish.  God created you.  It is personal. 

For God so loved me

that he gave his one and only Son,

that, because I believe in him,

I shall not perish

but I will have eternal life

John 3:16

 

 

No comments: